GB Chat

So if you are having the F20s we can do what if`s ?

Les

nice try :D

As usual Whffs arn't allowed but I will allow any eligible aircraft to have a demonstrator colour scheme or mock-up colour scheme. So if you can provide a photo of an aircraft in that colour scheme it will be allowed.

So this will also include the "Topgun Mig-28", just love someone to build that one! :pilot:

• 4 weeks later...

The 1/72 airfix mig 28 would interest me! Having looked around though at decals, a Mexican scheme appeals to me. Is the italeri kit of a good standard ?

nice try :D

As usual Whffs arn't allowed but I will allow any eligible aircraft to have a demonstrator colour scheme or mock-up colour scheme. So if you can provide a photo of an aircraft in that colour scheme it will be allowed.

So this will also include the "Topgun Mig-28", just love someone to build that one! :pilot:

You mean like this 1/144 one that I made for the F-14 STGB last year.

IMG_3776_zpsfb3c8976.jpg

Link to my build thread is here The data on the MiG is inaccurate

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I'm still a newbie and have never been part of anything like this before so truth be told I find the idea a little daunting, I can't turn down an excuse to build an F-5, so if able I would like to be a part of this! I have a Kinetic F-5A kit in my stack and had been toying with building it in one of the CF-5A schemes.

Whilst I'm still a newbie and have never been part of anything like this before so truth be told I find the idea a little daunting, I can't turn down an excuse to build an F-5, so if able I would like to be a part of this! I have a Kinetic F-5A kit in my stack and had been toying with building it in one of the CF-5A schemes.

no problems at all, you've been added to the list. So welcome aboard to your fist GB.

They're lots of fun and a good chance to show off what you can do plus learn tricks and tips from other members.

You have plenty of time to plan and get everything ready as the build doesn't start till the end of the year.

So welcome aboard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much! I just got delivery of a Tiger Hobbies F-5A kit which I managed to pick up for much cheapness on ebay. Whilst not as refined as the Kinetic etc for a budget kit resurrected from the ashes of a bankrupt company its pretty decent, I think with some TLC it could turn out nicely. :mental:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have just heard about this group build, and you can count me in for my first group build, I love the F5 and the Talon.

I noticed questions at the beginning of the thread concerning the Tiger Hobbies F5a, and if anyone is interested I have just completed it. It is a mixed bag but overall a fun and satisfying build for £9.99. below is the link to my RFI, which in turn has a link to my build.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986429-148-tiger-hobbies-northrop-f-5a-freedom-fighter/

Ian

Edited by Blueskippy
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard for your first STGB, they're fun and a great place to pick new tricks and tips.

I'll have to have a read through your build thread as I need an F-5A for my planned build!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Idling away in the stash this morning and found I have 2 x 1/48 Revell F-5E, 1 x 1/48 Revell F-5F, 1 x AFV 1/48 RF-5E, 1 x 1/48 Kinetic F-5A and 1 x Wolfpack 1/48 T-38.

I've got a great decal sheet bought of BM-er Zipper (Ashley) a few years ago at SMW for the F-E's and the -F. Is it possible to do all 6 in the time? :mental:

• Like 2

Idling away in the stash this morning and found I have 2 x 1/48 Revell F-5E, 1 x 1/48 Revell F-5F, 1 x AFV 1/48 RF-5E, 1 x 1/48 Kinetic F-5A and 1 x Wolfpack 1/48 T-38.

I've got a great decal sheet bought of BM-er Zipper (Ashley) a few years ago at SMW for the F-E's and the -F. Is it possible to do all 6 in the time? :mental:

well I won't stop you from doing them!! :D

• Like 1