GB Chat

I have been lurking, and I make no commitment to the GB (Oct - Dec next this year is likely to be really busy at work) though I voted for it. I do have the Italeri F-5A with a couple of Colorado decal sheets in the stash and awaiting some attention. A Venezuelan aircraft perhaps? Mmmmm.........

I have been lurking, and I make no commitment to the GB (Oct - Dec next this year is likely to be really busy at work) though I voted for it. I do have the Italeri F-5A with a couple of Colorado decal sheets in the stash and awaiting some attention. A Venezuelan aircraft perhaps? Mmmmm.........

Nice choice, I do hope you get time to join the build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

welcome aboard everyone, only 10 months to go, plenty of time to plan/purchase your build........even for a manufacture to something new and amazing......or a re-hash of a piece of crap!

I think Arnold is a brave man than I wanting to take on a CA model.......though I have to admit I have a couple waiting to be built!

Well, I am building the Kinetic one at the moment and I am not to happy with that one as well. There are some ptouble with that kit as well. Luckely I only have the CA model now for this GB. I don't know if it will be build in Dutch colours though.

Cheers,

• 3 months later...

hmmmm

could finally build my Austrian AF F-5E form the AFV club kit! or a Patruille Suisse one (anybody used the kits decals? are they workable?)

alternatively I could try my hands on a Spanish F-5M (B modernized) or even a Lizard painted recce version form CA ..

hope I find time and don't miss the start!

Just realised I've got a 1/48th F-5F two-seater in my stash - see you later in the year.

Edit - which is actually and ESCI 1/48 F-5E Aggressor now that I've checked my stash.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
  • Like 1

This is promising to become a very interesting GB, so much is sure. Looking forward for it.

maybe you have some interesting and unusual colour schemes for us? I was planning to build a Sth Vietnamese F-5 but could be tempted??

I know your vast knowledge will be called upon that's for sure, so I'm very glad you'll be with us for this GB.

Well, I am building the Kinetic one at the moment and I am not to happy with that one as well. There are some ptouble with that kit as well. Luckely I only have the CA model now for this GB. I don't know if it will be build in Dutch colours though.

Cheers,

Well, I know now what scheme I will be doing. It will be a F-5A in Norwegian colours from the Aerobatic team the Flying Jokers.

This scheme was also in the Kinetic box and I am a member of the SIG Aerobatic display teams. So the choice was easy. Also I got some help from my fellow SIG and Britmodeller member Ørjan from Norway. Thanxs for the info Ørjan.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

maybe you have some interesting and unusual colour schemes for us? I was planning to build a Sth Vietnamese F-5 but could be tempted??

I know your vast knowledge will be called upon that's for sure, so I'm very glad you'll be with us for this GB.

Rich, please check the first page of this thread (scroll down a little bit): I've offered a few ideas exactly along your taste, mate. ;-)

Don't quit your day job! :winkgrin:

No clear plan for which I would do- probably either a T-38 or, "What the hell, if I'm doing an F-5 GROUP build, I might as well tackle several!"

bob

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 1

Don't quit your day job! :winkgrin:

No clear plan for which I would do- probably either a T-38 or, "What the hell, if I'm doing an F-5 GROUP build, I might as well tackle several!"

bob

Arn't you meant to be building a model at the moment?? :D

• 2 weeks later...

We're pleased to announce that this STGB has attracted a major sponsor.

Hi-Decal Line

HI-Decal_Logo_zpsuq2wee2r.jpg

Hi Decal will be offering prizes to First, Second, Third and Fourth places

I'm sure you would like to join me in thanking Hi Decal for their generous sponsorship of this GB. Please show your support by clicking on the their logo above.

• Like 4

Wow that's really good news Mish, as host of this wee build please pass on my special thanks for this amazing offer and prizes.

It's really great to see or little GB's attracting such attention., hopefully this will help attract even more members to this GB!

Now the pressures really on me to remember this one.......especially seeing I am the host!

• Like 1

Have just had a look at their site, some nice decal sets there, and a few I am quite interested in!

Hopefully they will have released the 1/48th set for the Sth Vietnamese F-5's by then, will make my model selection easier then.......though the Iranian ones...... :hmmm:

• Like 1