GB Chat

well the votes are in and it was a very close run for the first position, but in the end there can only be one winner....so congratulations to;

1st - Skids and his beautiful Greek Air Force F-5B, well done on an amazing model with a superb paint job.

:mike:

2nd - modelling minion's amazing Iranian Air Force F-5F, a very close second :clap:

3rd - vesthepes Tunisian Air Force F-5F, another lovely presented model

4th - a real gaggle of modellers with more amazing builds.

Well congratulations to the winners and really to everyone that managed to get there builds into the gallery. It was very hard to choose which build to vote for and I think there were a lot of other people thinking this too, judging by the comments. The standard of all builds here would easily be the best I've seen in any GB so far and for that you should all be very proud. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed hosting this GB and loved watching these amazing builds come together, it was a real pleasure.

To those who didn't quite get there in the end, please post updates of finished photo's in your threads, these stay open.

thanks everyone...... :clap:

• Like 8

Time really flies .....it was just like yesterday the build was started..........

Congrats to all the winners.........all builds are worthy and deserved...........

Really felt at home with this G/B

Best Regards and a wonderful show to all who joined. Finished or not Finished..........its good to see that the F-5 is still a popular subject choice by many.........

Brian

• Like 6

Congratulations to all the winners, those are some great models !

I should also mention a thing I've liked a lot of this GB: the variety of markings and camo schemes, from overall silver to some some very exotic ones and users in most continents, including some very rarely represented Air Force.

• Like 7

Thanks to everyone for making this GB feel so friendly, I don't think I've seen one where people were so helpful with info, advice and in helping members whose builds could not have been finished without their help. I received help from a couple of you and would not have been able to finish my model without you, thank you so much.

Like many of you I love the variety of operators and colour schemes on show here, as well as the high standard of modelling of course, which goes to show how popular this versatile little jet is.

And a final thank you to those of you who voted for my model, I really didn't expect that result at all considering the very high standards on show.

I look forward to seeing you all in future GB's.

Craig.

• Like 9

Well done to all of the worthy winners you produced three fantastic looking models. To the remainder, what a great job you made of producing models to such a high standard and particular mention should go to Synopsis for giving us such a fabulous model in his first group build. Of the group builds that I have taken part in since joining the forum this has to have been one of the most difficult to pick a winner from by far.

To those who did not quite make it over the line well done for taking part and let's hope that we can see the results here in the not too distant future.

I would also like to offer my thanks to those of you who gave me advice in a particularly dark moment after removing the masking from my model, without that support I would probably have thrown the towel in. A big thank you must go to Azureglo who provided the solution which saved the day. Cheers Anil.

Hope to see more great models from all of you soon.

• Like 7

Congratulations to the winners, they are really superb builds and I will continue to watch those who are continuing their builds too. The F-5 is a fantastic looking aircraft, and was a massive export success meaning theres so many great schemes for us to get our teeth into. (I still have 3 more F-5s to build too yay!)

Thanks John/Nimrod for the lovely comment, I had a lot of fun building that kit and I loved being able to see everyone else's builds and how they got round issues etc. Taking part certainly made me much more confident with my builds and I have jumped in on the Helicopter GB as a result and I have even resurrected a long stalled Jaguar I had hiding away too.

Seems a shame that it is over to be honest!

Mark

• Like 6

Congrats chaps, winners or not, the builds were fantastic with a gallery full of greatly finished models.

Thanks to everyone, from the guys organizing, the britmodeller, Hi-decals and everyone building, commenting and liking and finally voting.. members on this forum are known for being friendly and helpful. That's why I like it so much. This GB represents all that. It was one of the best GBs I ever participated in. Thanks again lads.

Vasko

• Like 5

Big thanks to Rich, for the kinds words, advice on the build and general keeping it all together. I will happily get involved in another of your GB's (maybe not straight away though!). Thanks to Hi-decals for the sponsor (never won anything for my modelling before!).

Big big thanks to the BM members, what a great bunch of people and an awesome last minute save from Jabba when I messed up a decal. What a great GB, it has been fun from the word go, great builds, friendly chat, helpful hints and an amazing gallery at the end. I am just grateful that I had the fortune of being involved.

Congrats to all who took part, and thanks to those who voted for my build, humbled and honoured.

Simon

Edited by Skids
  • Like 8

Echoing all the above. Fantastic group build with the winners very well deserved. Ive not taken part in many GBs but the overall quality and interest of the subjects sure has been up there with the best GBs I have seen on here. There must be quite a few aircraft that like this, many people like it but you don't see too many built up, but a dedicated GB produces a bunch of gems! A big thank you to the mods for organising this GB, great organisation and just a great one to have been apart of. Look forward to some of the excellent ones this year.

Cheers guys, has been great fun,

David.

• Like 4

Big thanks to Rich, for the kinds words, advice on the build and general keeping it all together. I will happily get involved in another of your GB's (maybe not straight away though!). Thanks to Hi-decals for the sponsor (never won anything for my modelling before!).

A prize??? :yikes:

I though the joy of building a lovely model and the respect of other members would have been a prize enough!!! :D

All has not been forgotten, there has been a lot going on behind the scenes and for the moment I can not say more till everything has been confirmed........ but it is........ :shutup:

Please stay tuned :popcorn::winkgrin:

Again I agree with all the above comments, this would have to rate as one of the top GB's for the sheer quality of the models completed and still being built, so everyone can be very proud of what they have achieved!

• Like 3

A prize??? :yikes:

I though the joy of building a lovely model and the respect of other members would have been a prize enough!!! :D

All has not been forgotten, there has been a lot going on behind the scenes and for the moment I can not say more till everything has been confirmed........ but it is........ :shutup:

Please stay tuned :popcorn::winkgrin:

And a joy it was, and the greatest accolade I could get came from SWMBO who said, "wow that looks really good", normally I just get "its a piece of plastic tat!" so bonus there then!

• Like 2

ok folks the planets have finished aligning, I've had me second rum-n-coke (it's been a long stressful day at work of a total surprise !!!) and we can make a special announcement.

As you all know we had a wonderful sponsor in Hi-Decal Line who most graciously offer to provide prizes for the top four voted builds in the GB. Well as it can be seen we had three clear winners in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but for 4th place we had a "clowder" of cats (just for Enzo "chief cat herder"!). We were a worried that it would be asking too much to for the sponsor to provide an additional 4 prizes to cover the 5 members who came 4th, and that we may have had to drop the 4th place prize or have a vote off or something just as bizarre! So hence the delay in mentioning anything about the prizes.

But to our surprise Diego at Hi-Decal's has so graciously offer to provide the prizes as promised to cover 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and the clowder who came 4th (5 members), so in total 8 prizes all up. This was something of a huge surprise and I am really very grateful of Diego's support of this GB.

So... I'll be shortly PM'ing those involved with the details.

Again thank so much everyone for making this such a successful GB and producing so truly amazing builds!!!

And on behalf of all the members of this GB I'd like to give a huge thank you to Diego at Hi-Decal Line their the most gracious support of this GB. Please guys..and gal's, drop by their website for a look at some of the amazing decals they have.

HI-Decal_Logo_zpskbyavldf.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...