Hasegawa 1/32 F-104G, 315 Sqdn, KLu

Hi everyone,

Here is my latest F-104G model for your inspection. This is the Hasegawa model which was built OOB apart from the Master Models metal pitot probe, and the ejection seat, which was left over from my recent Italeri build. I did modify the cockpit floor in order to fit the seat, but everything else is the original kit. the model depicts an a/c of 315 sqdn. based at Volkel in 1965.

The markings were a combination of decals from the Italeri model, and markings from a Dutch Decals sheet. As always all comments ( good or bad ) Are welcome. :cheers:

DSCN3312_zps8135e414.jpg

DSCN3311_zps44ce0195.jpg

DSCN3310_zps9efd90cc.jpg

DSCN3321_zps019c7a33.jpg

DSCN3319_zps1a56bac9.jpg

DSCN3309_zpsf62c5568.jpg

P1000563_zps7bf024b0.jpg

P1000562_zpsff611eb1.jpg

• Like 10

That looks great - the decals and stencils really bring it to life.

Chris

Nice cold war kit, excellent presentation, I like that you went with a less flashy colour scheme, I've not seen one of these in dutch markings before they're usually all german, japanese or italian machines. Well done.

Nice cold war kit, excellent presentation, I like that you went with a less flashy colour scheme, I've not seen one of these in dutch markings before they're usually all german, japanese or italian machines. Well done.

that is a Netherlands marks... :oops: :sorry:

Thanks for the kind words everybody. As KoenL stated, the aircraft was from 311 sqdn. and not 315 as I originally said. I think the Hasegawa kit stands up pretty well to modern kits, considering it was originally released c1976, and in some ways the refined surface detail is more in keeping with the 104's sleek look. As an aside, the weathering was done with ground up artist's pastels applied with an old brush, which gives me a lot of control with how much or how little I apply : I can't be doing with all this pre-shading nonsense, and it doesn't look right to me anyway ( just my own personal opinion )

The stencils did take a while to complete, but there aren't as many as on my German F-104 ! I'm just waiting to see what the forthcoming AFV Club F-104 is like ( MORE expense ! ) :cheers: