1-48 Hasegawa Typhoon 1B Bubbletop

Agree with gruffy , and i can see this influencing many other builds.

Yes it has - I have an idea for a diorama after seeing the base idea.

Great Typhoon and base!! Well done.

This morning while unblocking my gutters (the thunderstorm last night showed me that the one outside the bedroom window was blocked!) I discovered a package from the postman containing the new acrylic rods I'd ordered. So without further ado (after gutter duty of course), I proceeded to drill a hole in the base for the support and then bend the 3mm diam acrylic rod to shape over the boiling kettle.

Two scalded fingers later and I was able to do this:

DSC_1060.JPG

which is exactly the sort of effect I was hoping to achieve!

Nice one. Thought at first your postman puts your mail in the gutters, hence the blockage

In between thunderstorms, got the photo booth set up in the conservatory and got this off the shelf for some pictures. I'll post the best 4 in the GB Gallery in a minute...

DSC_1304.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

DSC_1310.JPG

DSC_1311.JPG

DSC_1313.JPG

I've kept the weathering down to a minimum on this one, not for any particular reason apart from I just didn't fancy dirtying it up too much :)

The observant among you might notice that the support stand is different to that posted earlier... simple explanation - the 3mm diameter acrylic rod wasn't stiff enough to support the model, it sagged down so much that the propeller was trying to churn up the landscape! So it got replaced by a 5mm diam acrylic rod which meant drilling out the base hole bigged but thinning down the end that slotted into the aircraft which took quite a bit of careful sanding!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link on your Gallery post - it made finding this thread a breeze! I like a lot of the aspects of your build - the base, the use of Google Earth (i did the same for a build of my own a few years back), the subject, the colours, the Barracudacast exhausts. I even like the clean finish. You've done a great job, and quickly. Well done.

Brilliant idea and a brilliant execution of it, I love everything about. And of course there's the "Why didn't I think of this?" as well,

Sean

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...