7th Armoured Stuart VI

Nice one Steve, I know bugger all about tanks, but this has got me thinking for sure. Looking forward to seeing it on it's base as well,

Sean

Thanks for the comments guy's, I'm flattered :blush:

Whilst I was at work last night I had a play with some fonts for a name card for the model. After faffing around for a little while (was on my break at the time :whistle: ) I decided on this.

DSC_0001_zps282c003b.jpg

I also copied and pasted the Regimental Flash of the 2nd Fife & Forfe. This was reduced down and also printed onto card. I did the same with the 11th Armoured Div flash, a Union Flag and 21st Army Group insignia. i think that they look rather nice B)

DSC_0002_zpse3d66abb.jpg

DSC_0003_zps4c8ef47d.jpg

Onto the base.

White glue was brushed on and then some Woodlands Scenics static grass and ballast was sprinkled on.

DSC_0004_zps506d0d6f.jpg

Seafoam bushes were then added.

DSC_0005_zpsa47807df.jpg

DSC_0008_zps370a73e6.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsa3cd66d2.jpg

The model added to get a feel for things.

DSC_0009_zps3dffd729.jpg

A few Games Workshop grass tufts were added in random areas.

DSC_0010_zps1d6183b2.jpg

It still looks a bit 'model railway' at the minute, but once its all dry I'll be adding some washes and spraying some greeny colours to make it all a bit more realistic.

Whilst I'm waiting for the ground work to dry I sorted the info plaque for the base.

The various bits and bobs cut out and mounted onto double sided stick tape.

DSC_0001-01_zps347bcc87.jpg

And how it will look when stuck to the base.

DSC_0002-01_zpsa2595110.jpg

All in all I'm very pleased with the way that this is turning out.

More soon,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 1

Great stuff Steve! I'm watching carefully how you've done/doing your base as I've got to make one for the diorama I'm going to try. Keep up the good work!

Evening chaps,

More work done on the base today.

The grass areas were misted with a thin wash of Tamiya Yellow Green. Once this had dried the area was then sprayed again with a thin mix of Vallejo Russian Green, This helped to lift it up a bit.

DSC_0003_zpsa8fd0b8c.jpg

The same was also done to the bush with the Yellow Green misted on the top and edges and the Russian Green to the lower areas and shadows,

DSC_0001_zpsbddc19c2.jpg

More washes and dry brushing was done to the earth and stony parts of the base.

DSC_0004_zps55d5117e.jpg

DSC_0002_zpscfcda32d.jpg

The tape was then removed from the frame edges. Some areas needed to be touched in where the white of the plaster still showed. Vallejo Dark Earth and Russian Green was used for this.

DSC_0006_zps429ea87c.jpg

The model was attached to the base with dabs of Super Glue Gel. The tracks were then given a dusting of earthy coloured pastels to blend it all together. The label was stuck down and........... IT'S DONE!!!

DSC_0008_zps87acde15.jpg

I have to say that this is possibly the best model that I've done so far. I really enjoyed the challenges that it threw at me, despite the fact that I nearly put ot on the shelf of doom on a couple of occasions :blink:

The finished article will be posted up in the gallery section asap :)

Thanks for the encouragement along the way & now to decide what o do next! :hmmm:

Regards,

Steve

• Like 4

Thank you chaps :D

I've been having a think, and for my next trick I'm going to do the Tamiya Bren Carrier in the markings of the K.O.Y.L.I from the 49th Inf Div. Appropriate decals have been sourced and ordered today.

Stay tuned for a new WIP thread ;)

Regards,

Steve

Watch out for the tamiya track on the carrier, the track pitch is 50% bigger than it should be.

Resicast and Graham do a replacement set which includes the drive sprockets.

Just FYI

Watch out for the tamiya track on the carrier, the track pitch is 50% bigger than it should be.

Resicast and Graham do a replacement set which includes the drive sprockets.

Just FYI

Thanks old chap,

Duly noted :coolio:

Regards,

Steve

• 6 months later...