MiG-21F-13, Fishbed, VNAF

Hi Russ

having seen quite a few of the VNAF MiG 21s during 2 visits to the country, including being woken up by a pair cruising at low level down the Perfume River in Hue (what an amazing day that was!) I reckon you've got these absolutely spot on. The ones I saw at Ho Chi Minh City Airport under their HASs were well looked after from what I could see. For some reason they wouldn't let me take photos, I wonder why? The others I saw further north including the airborne pair did look a bit grubby. This pair have brought back lots of lovely memories, I must get back to Vietnam, there is so much to see and the people I met were all amazingly friendly....except the deranged lunatic Cyclo driver that tried to kidnap my wife :huh:

DC

• Like 1

Hi Russ

having seen quite a few of the VNAF MiG 21s during 2 visits to the country, including being woken up by a pair cruising at low level down the Perfume River in Hue (what an amazing day that was!) I reckon you've got these absolutely spot on. The ones I saw at Ho Chi Minh City Airport under their HASs were well looked after from what I could see. For some reason they wouldn't let me take photos, I wonder why? The others I saw further north including the airborne pair did look a bit grubby. This pair have brought back lots of lovely memories, I must get back to Vietnam, there is so much to see and the people I met were all amazingly friendly....except the deranged lunatic Cyclo driver that tried to kidnap my wife :huh:

DC

Wow ! sounds like a holiday to remember, glad you like them

• Like 1