MiG-21F-13, Fishbed, VNAF

Howdy all, thought I`d show some pic`s of my latest completion;

6jciQgF.jpg

My attempt at Trumpy`s 1/48 MiG 21

EUIcM7a.jpg

Built 100% OOB, and even used the photo.etch ( though there isn`t too much )

mf3SD0C.jpg

Painted with different shades of Humbrol Enamels and sealed with Johnsons Klear

tFAtTeU.jpg

With the radome and undercarriage wells painted with some ancient Aeromaster Acrylics

ylnK1R1.jpg

Lots and lots of inserts to do on it but they all fitted well.

Rh4O4nU.jpg

and posed here with my earlier effort: Academys later MiG 21 ( though I can`t remember the version )

WA2RXSF.jpg

though I think I over did the weathering on that one

h1Wh4zF.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at and enjoy the last of the good weather for a while

Thanks for looking, Cheers Russ

• Like 12

Cracking job on both. They look every inch the well-worn and hard flown fighter 'planes of a small nation.

• Like 1

Lovely looking pair and i dont think you overdid the weathering either.

Second one is a PF not a pfm (see brake chute position and forward opening canopy)

• Like 1

Very nice. I don't think you over did the weathering either. There are far worse looking examples of MiG-21 neglect than that.

Excellent work.

Tom.

• Like 1

Great stuff Russ,maintaining your usual high standard of paint and finish. I'm a bit envious of your crystal clear canopies, something I still haven't managed to achieve!

Thanks Dave, re- the canopys; I just wash them in the sink with washing up liquid and warm water, then when dry they`re just dipped in Johnsons Klear and drained onto a bit of kitchen roll sometimes I dip them again the next day. ( Trumpeter and Hobby Boss clear parts are very thin and clear anyway in my experience of them )

• Like 1

Nice like the NMF finish as well, was it done with Alcad paints?

Cheers Knikki; No Alcad paints, It`s all Humbrol Enamels applied with hairy stick and sealed with Johnsons Klear/Future.

Thanks Dave, re- the canopys; I just wash them in the sink with washing up liquid and warm water, then when dry they`re just dipped in Johnsons Klear and drained onto a bit of kitchen roll sometimes I dip them again the next day. ( Trumpeter and Hobby Boss clear parts are very thin and clear anyway in my experience of them )

Thanks Russ-I think I've done that. I keep getting runs and lumps in my finish though..maybe I'm not washing /drying enough to start..ah well.. we'll see :) D