P51 Interior Colours

aka1878

Hello all,

I have a question on interior green. I've seen a few posts in here but just want to tap the fountain of knowledge here a little more!

Basically, everything internally gets a layer of zinc chromate yellow, an approximation of which is Tamiya XF4 with a bit of white in it - is that right?

Then, in the cockpit, it gets a layer of interior green over the top, for which I have no idea on a suitable Tamiya or Vallejo paint so if anyone can let me know if there is one, I'm all ears! I see there's an Xtracrylix one, is that any good??

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Tamiya do an interior green xf-71 and Vallejo do one 71.010. They are different so which is more accurate is debatable. Never used the Xtracrylix one.

Chris

Edited by SkyMover

Cheers for that Chris.

Am I right in my assumption that it is chromate yellow through out and then interior green just in the cockpit?

What's the version being built?

That may have some bearing on colour - there will be a lot of people here far more knowledgable on p51's than me.

Chris

Edited by SkyMover

I have an Airfix P51D and a Tamiya P51D, but later down the line I have a P47 to do too so I will be coming back for some answers on that one too no doubt

Thanks for that Jason, fair bit to wade through but useful stuff