Royal Australian Navy late 1930's harbour diorama 1/700 scale

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Callum,

Hope you're well mate. I missed you completing this, it has been a fantastic build to watch, the detail and neatness on such a small scale is mind boggling!

My father served in the royal Navy around the pacific during the war, but I haven't been able to find out what ship. I do know a good friend of his went down on the Robin Hood which was sad.

What is next ?

Cheers, Neil

Hi Callum

Congratulation on finishing the build, and winning at the show, I would have loved to see the look on the other entrants faces when your entry turned up !

Can I ask how big the overall display case is please ?

Kind regards Pat

Well done Callum, it's been a joy following your build (including the disasters) and your win is certainly deserved! The pic with the barge and tugs has a very real look to it. Good job mate! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Hi guys and Thanks for the further comments, they really are much appreciated.

Jockney, the size of the complete thing is 56cm long by 41cm wide by 18cm high.

Neil I am well thank you for asking, as for whats next 'm jumping between 1880s Victorian colonial Navy and mid 2020s RAN when I actually get a chance to do any modelling, bit busy at the moment.

Once again thanks for the comments and I'm glad you all liked what I finished up with.

Regards

Callum

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You've lit this beautifully Callum; one might say painterly!

On 6/6/2014 at 1:31 PM, Forlornhope said:

PICT0004_zpse5ab07c0.jpg

The quality of what it shows defies simple praise - I could stare at it all day. Wonderful. 👏

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad someone boosted this to the top as the original post was when I only frequented Airfix Tribute Forum.  I must confess that it was only when I got down to the picture of the whole diorama in the case that it was obviously a model; up to that point it could so easily have been a photo of the real thing.  Truly stunning and I'm not at all surprised it took first prize. :clap:

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for all the further comments guys.

Heres a few more pics I took later which might be of interest.

spacer.pngspacer.png spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Haven't been on the forums much for a while, is there a better way to post photos that doesn't have the PB logo on it?

Thanks again for the feed back. 

Cheers 

Cal