Royal Australian Navy late 1930's harbour diorama 1/700 scale

Evening all, I've been a little quiet here lately and need to catch up with whats been going on BM.

Over the last nearly 2 years, I've been putting together this little project and have spent the last couple of weeks finishing it up.

So here it is finally.

set in late 1938 early 1939, this is the County class cruiser HMAS Canberra, modified Leander class cruiser HMAS Sydney and the V/W destroyers HMAS Vampire and Vendetta in a fictional harbour setting.

This is the link to the WIP here on BM

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234929463-ran-late-1930s-diorama/

2f_zpsac41667a.jpg

8f_zpsd989b039.jpg

6f_zps1e1d91f2.jpg

7f_zps94270172.jpg

4f_zpsb4536827.jpg

1f_zps345cdb43.jpg

3f_zps8085f992.jpg

and the display case I finally got for it

c1_zps46de99ba.jpg

c2_zps95d1782c.jpg

Last but not least, a quick attempt at a background, I want to do more of these when I get a chance.

PICT0004_zpse5ab07c0.jpg

Currently the diorama is away for the weekend for the the model expo here in Melbourne Australia, hence the rush to finish. I would have liked to have added more details, there is only a bare minimum of people on there and there are a few other bits, but I can come back to it one day. For now the expo given me a push to finish it, I don't expect to win anything but at least I can stop looking at it thing I really need to finish it.

Thanks for looking and all the advice and help in the WIP to everyone, and I hope you like what I have finished up with.

Cheers Callum

• Like 63
  • Thanks 2

Well done. There is a lot of good work here, too much to mention! The water effects are very good,thanks for showing and good luck in Melbourne.

6th June 1944 :poppy:

Thanks gents, I still want to get more pics, I was a bit rushed with the ones I got last week but I have really enjoyed the photos of this through the build and they have helped me build the scene. for now I'll keep plodding on with my RAN ships, just have to finish up the pre WW1 scene plus I seem to be in carrier mode with the LHD Canberra and seaplane carrier HMAS Albatross on the slips and a Colossus class to convert to the Majestic class HMAS Sydney.

If I'm going to do compitions I'm in a postition where because I want to have multiple ships displayed together, I can't enter into the ships catagory it goes in the diorama catagory which mean I need to make it something totally different to compete with the armour boys. I think the only way I can do this is to do scenes based on fact instead of my imagination. I got a few ideas though :)

Thanks once again for all the comments

Cheers

callum

• Like 1

Superb result Callum, and the first place was a bonus! You have really captured a terrific scene there, fiction or not. I know you went through some tribulations doing this, but it makes the end result so much better for overcoming them.

I salute you and your creation. All the best, Ray

• Like 1

Hey Callum

This is one of those fantastic little dios that just draws you more and more into it as you look at it.

It was great to see you at Expo and hopefully, we'll see you at the next club meeting!

A very sincere congratulations to your placing at Expo too! Extremely well deserved.

Si

Edited by Madhatter
  • Like 1