Tempest Mk. V W/Cdr Roland P. Beamont 1:48 Eduard & Alley Cat

Still some stuff to glue in place like U/C and antennas. Somehow I take longer for the small stuff than I thought - a good deal of time was send on searching my workbench for the U/C covers and the resin gun sight. I found the covers but gave up on the gunsight. I hope to get the pictures done in time on Sunday for the GB gallery. Would not be the first time I finished a GB just in time and missed to post the pictures before the gallery was locked...

so next update will be either the GB Gallery or the RFI...

thanks for watching and all the good tips.

Rene

Edit:

Some current pics before final assembly:

E2D285BF-7179-456A-9C7E-DF3AB4689C22_zps

084733FF-21C7-4BE0-B90D-D991A339D60B_zps

478BC560-94F2-4954-9299-BA71E50427C9_zps

• Like 1

That Is looking brilliant!! Repeat after me: Take photos, get them in the gallery on Sunday.....Take photos, get them in the gallery on Sunday, Take photos.............

Looking forward to seeing the finished aircraft ........ in the gallery!

• Like 1

Thanks!!!

Here is my final comment on this with some close ups and some reworkd pics from the Gallery.

I tried to get hold on the Aeroclub U/C set for the Tempest but to no avail so I had to go with the kit parts. The instructions are quite vague in places and as there are no location pins you will need photo reference to find out how things go together. Still you end up with a fiddly u/c which will probably break easily if you look too hard at it. Another issue with the kit parts is in the u/c well. The operating rod of the inner doors cannot be located correctly once the bay is enclosed. Take care with this when you attempt to build this kit:

p28t1_zps9e7d232e.jpg

p29t_zps4d50e863.jpg

p27t2_zps9035fe1e.jpg

And some reworked pics from the gallery (I just adjusted colour, brightness etc.) I wanted to take new pics outside but the weather is rather bad this week.

DSC_3801_zps8d76f854.jpg

DSC_3805_zpsac6310b0.jpg

DSC_3804_zps50acae76.jpg

DSC_3802_zps0226d5cf.jpg

DSC_3806_zps01f5362c.jpg

Thanks again for all the help, kind words and looking. I really have to say that I would not have finished this one (at least so soon) if I had not enered it here. :thumbsup:

Rene

• Like 3