Tamiya Chieftain converted into a MK11

I'll pass on that Mike, sound like hard work !

Anyway back to the build, snow post done.

CIMG4294_zpswl71dk4s.jpg

CIMG4303_zps7fmhqlur.jpg

CIMG4302_zpsnwfzntpi.jpg

CIMG4299_zpsznyakveo.jpg

CIMG4300_zpsg4noc0eh.jpg

CIMG4301_zpslirrc8bw.jpg

CIMG4298_zpswcy7danx.jpg

And the edge tidied up a little, still deciding on how to weather the road surface and I have white line to paint.

Dan

• Like 3

That is looking superb, love the look of that drivers compartment, even the seat looks used!

Roger

Thanks Roger, the drivers compartment is a really nice item and as you said the seat is really well done,

It's going to be another monster build for the MK10 for what I have planned, so first up it will be the Spartan and crew once this build is done.

Cheers

Dan

• Like 1

Thank you chaps :thumbsup2:

Snow post made from scrap plastic, need to be painted white with the black stripe across, these were know to fly through

the air if you caught it in the spud of the track just right, you could get 15-20 ft out of them, I've seen miles of these taken out

on some German back roads. the give away for what vehicle did it was spotting thrown track pads along the roads.

Damcon teams were always busy after a major exercise.

Dan

Not quite as much fun as going through a village at night when the wheelie bins are nicely lined up along the kerb ready for the bin men in the morning, quick pull on the left stick bingo got it............ And another LOL.

top stuff Dan I am watching carefully and learning all time.

• Like 1

Morning All,

Didn't manage any bench time yesterday but later today I'll start the road surface, a few pot holes and some

Subtle shading of the road. I'm going to attempt putting some mud down on the road surface, the kind of clumps that have fallen off

A previous wagons tracks and the surface scarring from the track spuds. I also might attemp a bush or small tree for the grass bank.

Hopefully the rubbish for the road side will turn up today so that can be painted weathered and added.

After that it's back to the tank, the track pads need a rubber colour adding, the skirts also require mud and splashes and some pigments for the top surfaces, the idea is to depict a chieftain that has just come off the training area onto a road for a move to a new location.

Regards

Dan

Thanks Roger, slowly coming together now.

so I've added some darker grey to the road surface , made a few pot holes and added a few oil stains.

MIG Oil and Grease used.

CIMG4321_zpsjzgoheft.jpg

And the effect, didn't want to go too mad with the stuff, just enough to break up the grey area.

CIMG4317_zpstzyfvqfq.jpg

CIMG4318_zpsztpu9pxl.jpg

CIMG4319_zpsbie1tdwf.jpg

I'll add some fine rubble to the larger pot holes and perhaps make a few of them a bit bigger?

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 1

Looking excellent Dan.

Not to many pot holes, after all this is Germany.

:winkgrin:

foxy :coolio:

Very true Foxy,

I can only imagine the roads were a right mess after a Squadron of Centurions had used them, no track pads just steel tracks in contact

with the road surface.

Dan

• Like 1

Chiefy passes muster and so does the scenery looks so good if you took that outside with a natural background and light there will be a few double takes I bet yer!

Roll on the CVR(T) this lark is easy Dan starts I follow (copy).

• Like 1

Cheers Lads,

So base put aside for a while, need to get the weathering and last few bits done on the Chieftain.

Other recovery rope is now fitted along with the oil drum. this was a pain as I had to remove the skirts to get this on.

CIMG4325_zpsyzyw7khv.jpg

CIMG4326_zps5kp2ttaa.jpg

CIMG4327_zps9q4spozt.jpg

More later.

Dan