Tamiya Chieftain converted into a MK11

grassinator ?!!? never seen one before but it certainly seems to do the job nicely.

Home made fella, you can buy them but they are very pricey. All you need is a 12v negative ion generator and a 12v DC power supply.

The other bits and pieces were found laying around the house.

Dan

I can't quite see clearly, Dan, but I did wonder about the rubber bump strip round the back decks. I've been looking back at my reference pictures and again it's difficult to make out but ISTR that while these would get green paint on them this didn't last long and it would flake away, leaving the black to show through again.

Doesn't detract from a superb build but thought I'd mention!

Cheers Matthew,

Only just started the chipping on these, it's quite hard to see from my pictures and the Vallejo rubber colour paint is quite

light in colour, I'll get some contrasting colour on these or go for a darker grey I think to make the stand out a little better.

Cheers

Dan

Slowly getting somewhere, the road is still not completely dry yet

but I've smoothed out the surface a little, some homemade grass clumps have been added

with the help of the Grassinator and a metal quality street sweets lid.

CIMG4254_zps794eddd3.jpg

CIMG4255_zpsb2c14364.jpg

CIMG4256_zpsa682725c.jpg

CIMG4257_zps2f97230b.jpg

I'll make a TAC sign for the side of the road and a German Priority diamond to go on a sign post I think.

Dan

• Like 1

Good work on the base - the darker green tufts really break up the monotony of the grassy bits :)

Have you given up on the idea of using wet'n'dry for the road base?

Have you given up on the idea of using wet'n'dry for the road base?

Down the pan mate, a big failure of one I should of known !

The tile grout works better I think, by the time I have sprayed on some road markings and weathered it

it should look okay.

Dan

Down the pan mate, a big failure of one I should of known !

The tile grout works better I think, by the time I have sprayed on some road markings and weathered it

it should look okay.

I agree. wet'n'dry always looks too uniform, and when you look at a real road, it soon fades from that nice black tar colour to anything from grey to brown. Lifecolor have a paint set for roads, which has various colours to help you make it look realistic :)

• Like 1

Thank you chaps :thumbsup2:

Snow post made from scrap plastic, need to be painted white with the black stripe across, these were know to fly through

the air if you caught it in the spud of the track just right, you could get 15-20 ft out of them, I've seen miles of these taken out

on some German back roads. the give away for what vehicle did it was spotting thrown track pads along the roads.

Damcon teams were always busy after a major exercise.

CIMG4271_zpsnnfdm67r.jpg

CIMG4272_zpsgwedb6gb.jpg

CIMG4273_zpso36fwgka.jpg

I've added a few more grass tufts, last night I ran off a load more for this project and any future projects that might require them.

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 1

The postie just delivered these goodies from Cast off.

For two future projects, a Chieftain MK10 and my AA conversion for the 432 to turn it into a 436.

First up the drivers compartment

CIMG4281_zpspe7lumba.jpg

CIMG4275_zpshpkvwjxo.jpg

CIMG4278_zpsxetar1ko.jpg

CIMG4277_zps97xz81ie.jpg

CIMG4276_zps0mxwtrnm.jpg

And the Thomas bin set for the 436, I had two of these bins on my own 436 on the radio batten boxes so they will be useful.

CIMG4279_zpsruihqucw.jpg

CIMG4280_zpshfeaukei.jpg

These projects will be after the Spartan.

Dan

• Like 1

That's looking nice fella. How did you do the tufts then? My mrs says its good enough to get the strimmer on mate

Cheers Si, really easy to do with a static grass machine,

all you need is some PVA glue and a metal lid, it needs to be metal as the static grass machine has a kind of earth lead.

some pictures to show you.

CIMG3430_zpsc397c907.jpg

CIMG3431_zps2c15bb27.jpg

CIMG3432_zpsc4cf129e.jpg

The grass is really cheap and I normally cover the whole lid in dots of PVA and make a large batch at a time, leave it 24 hours for the glue to dry and remove the tufts

with a sharp blade. you can also paint them up to change the tone or colour.

Dan

I'm laughing away here. You have all the gucci kit mate - you always did!!!

Coem on then - how did you make your static grass maker.......................... I feel an investment coming on.............................

You need one of these, Its a 12V negative ion generator.. They use them for Air Purifiers which were all the rage back in the 1980's.

You can get these from Ebay for a few quid so they are not too expensive, the rest is just a 12V DC power supply, I took mine from an old netgear router

which had failed on me. the switch is an old RC switch from a company called Futaba which was a few pounds. I found these on Amazon for about £3 so the next one made will have

this fitted, its a bit overkill but why not !!

Generator

CIMG4282_zpsdefapd7g.jpg

CIMG4283_zpsqzr3h9c7.jpg

Switch

CIMG4285_zpsybbnmys2.jpg

The body was an old leg from some really nasty Argos furniture and the hopper is a £1 food container with some mesh hot glued into position.

All easy really plus you can find plenty of how too's on google.

Dan

• Like 2

Very nice! The attention to detail is impressive. Is that my negative ion generator I see there? :hmmm: Do you have my permission to post it? :tease: Also, I want one of those switches on mine so I can pretend I'm important! :coolio:

Link to the generators.

• Like 1

Some road repairs done to the edges where it was a bit rough. also the snow post has had a coat

of white paint, once dry I'll mask it up and spray the black stripe and pick out the reflectors.

CIMG4289_zps6a6qfgzu.jpg

CIMG4290_zpshukxc8b1.jpg

CIMG4291_zpsjd8mkvp5.jpg

CIMG4292_zpsb0sj1d7g.jpg

Cheers for looking

Dan

• Like 1