1/72 Hasegawa Mosquito Mk.II Nightfighter

Haha, thanks for your words albertrand, but honestly i believe i have a lot to learn yet and your paintwork looks very nice. And the clear canopy... thats something what ll never happen to me it seems :jealous::D but realy nice work overall, i just like how smooth it looks - one almost wants to touch the paint gently with finger, to feel the surface :D

• Like 1

Another great build - no VVS this time? The finish on this Mossie is beautiful and I couldn't get over the canopy either - how do you do that?! You and Wolwe are miles ahead of me, but no hard feelings since I get to see your builds.

Thanks for posting.

J.D.

• Like 1

Great stuff. I've never seen the Hasegawa Mossie in the flesh, and I think this may be the first built example I've ever come across. How does it compare to the Tamiya kit in this scale?

• Like 1

Really great Mossie.

Does it have an Australian Kangaroo roundel on the pilot access door?

If so what's the reason and significance?

• Like 1

Great stuff. I've never seen the Hasegawa Mossie in the flesh, and I think this may be the first built example I've ever come across. How does it compare to the Tamiya kit in this scale?

Nowhere near the Tamiya kit, which is better detailed and has a far superior fit. It's also a lot more expensive than the Tamiya.

Nice job, although I've never seen a Mossie fighter in that scheme.

• Like 2

Wow... just back from a day on North Berwick beach and checked my post... I never get this many responses!! Thanks lads and lasses!

No VVS this time, but I've just pulled out the ICM Tupolev TU-2 from the attic... which looks like the PE-2's older brother, it's really finely detailed and supposed to be a real pig to build, but look out for that one coming soon!

The Hasegawa is a lovely kit, but the Tamiya Mossie looks to be a more detailed kit... it looks like they are a very similar build though. Might have to add one to the attic - looks like a bargain for £15...

The significance of the kangaroo on the door would have been an Aussie crew... Drem airfield, 10 minutes from where I live had Aussie crews flying Beaufighters which had the same little roundel in old pics I've seen.

Thanks again everyone... I'm really chuffed to be here and getting such great responses.

• Like 1

Meatbox: just used white and brown chalk dust this time. I've used a white pastel panel wash before and it's looked a bit overdone and fake. Still lots to learn...

Looks very affective. i'm doing an all black and dayglo Meteor T7 at the moment so I'll try something similar.