New Airfix Jeep & Higgins Boat - a quick look in the box

John

Is there a folded tilt in this kit.....Can't see one? :hmmm:

Good question. I've left the set at work but I'll have a look in the morning and confirm one way or the other. A curious omission if it isn't there - the Airfix/Heller kit had one IIRC?

No crew in either kit, which must limit the diorama possibilities.

John

Edited to say that on looking on the Heller website, the earlier kit didn't have a folded tilt:

http://www.heller.fr/en/maquettes/scale-military-vehicles-model-classic/68-us-1-4-ton-truck-trailer-3279510799972.html

The omission of a folded tilt was the one significant gripe with the Airfix/Heller kit (that and the bridge-plate).....I was hoping Airfix would sort it with this kit. :confused:

It won't stop me buying half-a-dozen of them of course.....You can never have too many Jeeps! :P

Having bought this set for the Jeep I've started with one of the LVCP first and I have to say its one of the easiest kits to put together I've ever had.

Parts cut off with a cutter and then the sprue gates cleaned with a few passes of a needle file and stuck together with MEK. The resultant joints are then finished with a nail polisher, job done. Its just a pity my painting skills will let it down.

If I had one complaint with the set its that the shaft of one of the Jeep tools is short shot but I'm not bothered as I'll be supplementing Airfix's instructions with AP 2453B complete the airdrop configuration rig and the tools aren't required.

The omission of a folded tilt was the one significant gripe with the Airfix/Heller kit (that and the bridge-plate).....I was hoping Airfix would sort it with this kit. :confused:

So what is the part immediately below the open tilt then?

It looks like an open tilt, seen from above to me

Shane

Part A10 is indeed the folded tilt, if a bit tightly packed:

Jeep7_zpsfce459c4.jpg

Jeep8_zpse636c455.jpg

2 bonnets, one with a storage rack and what is presumably the socket for the Vickers gun mounting :

Jeep9_zps99fd6ac2.jpg

.30 Browning and 2 nice Vickers VGOs:

Jeep10_zps00fb9952.jpg

Browning .5

Jeep11_zps3f4b776d.jpg

John