AZ Decals Query

Mitch K

I've just started my first kit for about 20 years (an AZ Bf-109G6) and an early bit of work was the instrument decal. I put it into water, waited and once it was mobile, started to slide it off the backing paper. At which point it shrivelled up and disintegrated!

Compared to what I remember, these decals are incredibly thin. I used to use Modeldecal, MicroScale etc, which were OK, but these seem about molecule thick!

I can busk the intrument panel by hand, but I don't fancy this happening on the wing crosses. Any suggestions? There might have been about 1ppm of flow improver in the water, but that's all. Should I give them a spray of clearcote to reinforce them, like I do with home-made decals?

Help!

Cheers! This seems like a plan. When I print my own for wargame minis, I use automotive clearcote to seal the decal paper. Is this a less "industrial" solution to the problem?

Please contact our company AZmodel / KP and within service will send you a new one.

Why thank you! I would call this excellent customer service. I've hand painted the control panel now, and I'm going to stick with it, but I will take you up on your very generous offer, so that when it comes to applying markings I can't paint, I have some backup.

Once again many thanks!

Mitch