1/48 Trumpeter C-47A Skytrain

Hi all...

Time to throw my hat into the ring for this one. Going through my stash and there were plenty of subjects I could have chose (planes, Armour, & Ships) but I've been staring at this one for quote a while now, and very few things embody D-Day more than the C-47, so here goes......

The obligatory box shots....

IMAG1535_zpsb567b606.jpg

e11a3779-346f-41a9-b28d-918bb75d2947_zps

I'll be adding just a couple of extras, in the form of the Eduard Zoom set, and True Details wheels. I'll also use the Eduard masks.

2f5ec896-0bc1-46d3-b56c-96918e8f6133_zps

The only other decision to make is the markings?? I really want to do "Turfsport Special" but this is labeled as a Market Garden aircraft. I know it did fly on D-Day but i think the large code letters would have been white on the 6th June. Perhaps someone can confirm. I may look to buy the Xtradecal C-47 set or (if I can find them) one of the Eagle Strike sets (does anyone know where I can still buy these???). Basically what I am saying is that the final markings are TBC!

fb36b5e6-5d52-4607-b676-0f0fa9caee63_zps

Anyway roll on D-Day and let the plastic cutting commence.

Richard

• Like 4

Hi Richard.

Welcome to the GB. This will be a big beast to build.

I don't know of any different decals exept there was also a set from Tally Ho, but that was also market garden plane.

Now I do know that there is a masking set from montex for this kit. Maybee you cold use these to make the sqn sign into white?! The set is nr. MM48290.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hi Richard

I am just about to start the new Airfix C-47 so will be following yours with intrest so i can transfer some of the detail into its smaller brother. I have been looking at the decals offerd in 1/72 and i have not found a huge range of options but by chance the one aircraft i was giving serious consideration is one option provided by Airfix . Masks would look the part on 1/48 and i'm sure iv come across some but cant remember who was selling them.

Alistair

• 3 weeks later...