OLD T-34' NEW COAT.

while i was working on the weathering on my last build and looking at lots of information i noticed something interesting' why is it that most T-34's or models of Russian tanks in general look battered or rusted or dirty or scraped or worn, at some stage they must have been clean and scrape free' right?...........unless the Russian tank factory's had a department that weathered up their tanks before they were sent into the field then they must have been clean, so i stripped my weathered up tamiya T-34 ( which is more a zvesda Marquette tamiya kit ) and gave it a new 3 tone coat with just 1 light overall wash and 1 pin wash followed by a light dusting of tamiya desert yellow and left it at that, rust and damage free then added some extra gear just to fill it out a bit, and i kinda like it looking undamaged, so here's a couple of pic's of the finished tank and i hope you like the clean look.................

cheers guys...................oz!

CopyofSV400002_zps5cc85c75.jpg

CopyofSV400010_zps49532d94.jpg

CopyofSV400016_zps2afb500d.jpgCopyofSV400015_zpsad6988cd.jpgCopyofSV400014_zpsa2284665.jpgCopyofSV400013_zpsdffaaf35.jpgCopyofSV400012_zpse94f5f82.jpgCopyofSV400011_zps68e49e94.jpgCopyofSV400007_zps10bca932.jpgCopyofSV400006_zps5892365a.jpgCopyofSV400004_zps09c28b67.jpgCopyofSV400003_zpsbcdb84f5.jpg

• Like 11

I like that new coat of many colours, :D From the various films of T-34's in the field I've seen recently they really didn't seem to get that battered and weathered. The tank was the symbol of potential freedom for the Russians and it looks like they were well cared for.

• Like 1

The tank was the symbol of potential freedom for the Russians and it looks like they were well cared for.

More likely they were knocked out as quickly as they could get them to the front!

J.

thanks guys I'm happy you like it' but to be fair to the T-34 during some of the post Normandy battles the allied tanks ( the Sherman in particular ) didn't come off any better than the Russian Armour would.

regards oz!.

You have got that spot on mate, colours tones etc.

Like the addition of the Panther wheel, this must be your clinging on to german subjects! :winkgrin:

Over 20k of these built so it may have been out there?

Excellent job (as usual)

Cheers

K

thanks very much for the kind comments jimbob' kayell and fredben, yeah i do love my German stuff so thought why not put a panther wheel on it' when i first saw pic's of t-34's and su-85's running around with panther wheels on them i thought no way!!! but they really did use them.

cheers guys......... oz!.

cheers lee / buzby' glad you like it and thanks for the kind comments.

regards oz!.

Tony, I have to agree with you mate, the rear view is a thing of beauty and really shows tha camo off a treat. :wow:

• Like 1

Fabulous. Nice to have a differing perspective from the "norm".

Regards

Pete

thanks very much for the kind comments guys' its appreciated, its different from the standard Russian camouflage but the t-34 did indeed wear these colors although it looks Rather odd to see.

thanks again.............oz!.

• Like 1

cheers mate' thanks for the kind comment.

regards oz!.

Outstanding build Oz.

I'm all for clean builds. And realistic weathering. Not a great fan of the current fad for extreme chipping, rust and wear down to the metal... :goodjob:

I didn't know the Soviets had camo schemes like that. Very German!

Ian

• Like 1