Meng German Panzerhaubitze 2000 Self-Propelled Howitzer

Julien

A modern AS-90 tooling would be nice :) Mind you, the Revell kit is a little long in the tooth, as well as being OOP at the moment. :shrug:

No, it's an.... "old tooling" :frantic: Although when the new Meng kit comes out, it will miraculously begin to be regarded through rose tinted glasses by some :lol:

I dunno about the kit or the real thing but I *love* the box art. The portrait orientation is really apt and the pine trees and clouds are great.

I dunno about the kit or the real thing but I *love* the box art. The portrait orientation is really apt ...

Oh, yes, very much. Portrait seems unsuitable for most model subjects but it could be used a lot more. I remember in Esci's twilight years they used it a lot. Some of them were a bit dodgy but their 1/48 F-18 (also a bit dodgy) had a lovely bit of artwork: a head-on view of the aircraft taxying in the sunshine, with a big looming dark sky behind it. Broke all the rules - you couldn't see the shape of the F-18, you couldn't even see its wingtips - but nice all the same.

• 3 weeks later...