Mosquito FB Mk.VI Banff Strike Wing, for LTAT

Wolwe, super stuff again, how you have the patience I'll never know, but this is probably one of the bet builds I've seen on BM

since I joined(2010 I think). Would be more than delighted to have this on my display shelves,

Sean

Oh and ..........Wow

• Like 1

Thanks Stix once again, realy :) Haha and thanks for the TLC translation.. i was worried it might be some disease... ;) Thinking about it, it may be sort of... :D

It definitely is… :evil_laugh:

• Like 1

i ll repeat myself guys but i cannt say nothing but big thanks for your nice words :)

to sean : i think you were not watching many RFI around then.. ;)

i m realy happy guys you spent your time watching the mossie and liked her :D

• Like 1

That's absolutely beautiful - blow-away good weathering, fantastic build. Stunning detail. Hugely impressive. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

For me, this shows exactly what modelling is about- taking plain old (usually grey) plastic and turning it into something that looks like the real thing. I just hope the detail in cockpit can be seen through the canopy!

• Like 1

I was a bit busy today so could not reply earlier :) but i cannt say much more realy than that i m realy happy you guys like the mossie :) I was not exactly happy with the result and still i think there are details and areas which i should have done better.. but it makes me happy to see you guys like her even like she is now :)

to bunnylurve: the cockpit can be seen through top and the opened side window and ofcourse the doors. the sad part is, because i was not thinking things through, some of the varnish got inside through the doors and mainly the left side of canopy is "dusted" from inside :( one of things i should have done better :)

Seriously big thanks to you all guys, who watched this thread:) , i m realy realy happy that you like her :) If anyone would need some detailed photos for your build, just let me know, i can send you links and such for many detailed images :)

Fantastic build, I wish I could get detail like that in 1/48 scale! I plan to eventually make the Tamiya 1/48 version as a Banff wing aircraft but have always been doubtful about the installation of the guards between the rockets and wing tanks but your WIP thread has cleared that up for me. Thanks for that and for giving us all a wonderful build to watch.

Cheers

John

• Like 2

At first, thanks again guys, i know i m repeating myself but theres simply not much words to say but thanks a lot for your very kind words :) and overlooking obvious downsides and errors ;)

To John - the guards on my kit are a bit shorter, it should be a bit longer, more to the ground. There is quite good scheme i used for it, it is in the WIP thread too. But i did some mistake when scalling it down, as i was a bit in a hurry towards the end of the build, so thats why these are not accurate on my kit :( I m just saying it, if you ll do it on your 1/48 mossie, use the picture from my WIP, there it is accurate :)

To Mark - It was realy big fun, building this under your GB, amazing support from you and all other guys there, so its kind of child of you all guys :D

• Like 1