Mosquito FB Mk.VI Banff Strike Wing, for LTAT

Morning guys, i was not sure at first, if i should show this one here, but even though it did not turn out as good as i hoped for, there are still parts of the build with which i m happy :) So, i decided to give it a try :)

This is Mosquito FB Mk.VI from the very nice Tamiya 1/72 kit. It was built as part of Less than a tenner group build here on BM, here is WIP link for anyone interested http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234955313-mosquito-fb-mkvi-172-tamiya-finished-yea-lets-call-it-that/ :) . The goal was to keep the spirit of the GB, so no aftermarket stuff was used, just scratchbuild using some evergreens, wires and home scrapyard. I was running out of time at the end, so i had to ignore some ideas i had and mossie is not carrying full load of rockets/bombs she should, ll be added later hopefuly

The list of changes/additions would be quite long, so just in short:

- new cockpit + inner construction inside the canopy frame

- new interior in the fuselage behind/between wings

- new bomb bay (back one, ran out of time to add the front one, though the front bomb bay doors are glued with white glue so i ll be able to add there later)

- new rocket launchers + guards between launchers and fuel tanks (there should be 4 rockets under each wing)

- some more details added here and there

The camo should be the RS625 NE*D. The plane was originaly painted with light grey overall + green fields on top side, later repainted with extra dark sea grey on top and sky on bottomside. On some areas the original camouflage was showing through the EDSG. I tried to achieve the effect on the kit too, its quite good visible on live and on photos taken outside, but i dont have good enough camera (using phone) and lights to show it good on the photos taken inside.. :(

Anyway, here are some of the better photos (speaking about "yay i can see something here", not about the build or photos quality ;) ) + few shots from the building stage, to show some details you could not see otherwise most likely.

The interior
023.jpg

Mix of little parts (doors, etc)

074.jpg

069.jpg

Few shots taken outside

119.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

123.jpg

And some shots taken inside

126.jpg

128.jpg

130.jpg

132.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

144.jpg

103.jpg

143.jpg

142.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

107.jpg

106.jpg

Two shots taken with not so good light conditions, was trying to use desk lamp but it created somehow special effects.. :)

094.jpg

096.jpg

Thanks all for looking and hope you could see at least something on the photos, i should realy think about geting some better photo equipment..

All tips are welcome guys :)

• Like 31

:wow:superb work, some fantastic detailing. great job on the paint and the finish looks fantastic, cant belive its only 1/72 looks better and more detailed than most 1/48!!!!!! fantastic build :goodjob:

• Like 1

Since several other posters started off with "wow:s", I decided to come up with something a bit more original. So:

WOW!

She is a work of art, really. The weathering isn't just pretty dirtying but has identifiable causes – e.g. the mud sprayed gear covers. Very convincing.

A pity you can't see a lot of all the TLC spent on the interior.

Pure inspiration!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

I have to say big thanks to all of you for your very kind comments and for your time, i m realy happy you like her! :) (although there are a lot of thngs which should be done better :( )

to Spitfire31 - i dont know what TLC means :blush: At first i wanted to add some lights inside, but i have absolutely zero experiences with such a stuff so decided rather to stay out of that kind of experiments :) As for the pit, i was "clever" enough to remove sponge from doors right after painting, so later during build some dust and varnish fog got inside and dusted the canopy a bit.. purely lack of experience with such a project, but on other hand, somethingi m going to remember from now on :)

I forgot to mention this at the original post, but i would realy like to thank to all from the Less than a tenner group build who were supporting the build with comments, tips, offered any kind of help or just took their time and watched the thread :) If it was not for all of them, i m sure the result would be much worse, they gave me some excitement and the so needed moral boost :)

Edited by Wolwe82

Hi Wolwe82,

You already know how impressed I am with this build! The new photos just confirm how good it is!

TLC stands for Tender Loving Care and sums up well the detail work you did on the insides.

Well done!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Wolwe, you have got to stop being too hard on yourself LOL,That,s a superb build start to finish, the detail and work you have heaped on this kit is

outstanding Tamiya should send you a few more kits to show what can be done beyond their already sufficient detail.Always a pleasure to see your

builds and have you drop in on mine.

• Like 1

Damn that looks great.

So much detail at the scale level.

Well done.

I've got a Mossie in the stash (old Airfix)....I'm working up to something with 2 engines!!!

But your build and your paint and weathering look superb. Very worthy addition to the collection.

Cheers

• Like 1

A triumph of master class modelling. :thumbsup: I wouldn't & probably couldn't do this the way you have, that kind of detail isn't for me but it sure doesn't stop me admiring the skill that has gone into it & the result achieved. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 2

I've got one meant to be in the same scheme that I've been trying to finish for over 10 years. Every time I try to get around to it something like yours shows up and I get so discouraged by my efforts that it goes back on the shelf. Fantastic work - no one would imagine that it's 1/72 unless you told us.

• Like 1

Guys you all are way too kind with your comments!! :) I honestly think it does not deserve that much sooo good calls from you all, but i highly appreciate it, realy thanks a lot! :)

to ejboyd5 - i think you could take it exactly from the oposite view - whatever i can do with my limited skills and patience, anyone with a bit of patience can do twice as good :)