Airfix 1/48 Gnat

eng

Apologies if there is a thread running on this somewhere else but does anyone know approximately when Airfix propose to release their 1/48 Gnat?

I bought the 50th Anniversary book/magazine that's out in WH Smiths this morning and there's a full page ad on the back that states coming soon. How soon?

Rgds,

Eng

Pencilled in for October by Hannants. There have been a few date slippages from what they state, but not by much.

Think they might be holding it back for the 50th Anniversary of the Red Arrows - being celebrated at RIAT on 11th July!

If they released it at that airshow think of how many they would sell on that weekend!

Cheers, Brian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was at RIAT last weekend talking to Airfix in their marquee where they had the sprues for this kit, which does look very nice indeed. They obviously have missed the boat with the Red Arrows 50th Display Seasons celebrations, as they said the transparencies, instruction sheet, decals and box art still hadn't been completed. October is still the official release date. I hope there are several Red Arrows schemes on the decals and not just the final 'Royal Air Force' lerttere scheme that the 1/72nd version has?

Edited by AMB
  • Like 1

If you are interested in planning schemes for the new Folland Gnat, here is a trial scheme we flew on the Arrows which was not accepted.

file:///Users/Goodchap/Documents/Arrows%20Trial%20Scheme.jpg

Cheers, Brian

• Like 2

If you are interested in planning schemes for the new Folland Gnat, here is a trial scheme we flew on the Arrows which was not accepted.
file:///Users/Goodchap/Documents/Arrows%20Trial%20Scheme.jpg
Cheers, Brian

Brian, your link doesn't....