I've spent most of today losing assembling the tiny parts which make up the 20mm Oerlikon gun units for the gun tubs. The 12pdr at the aft of the superstructure, kindly donated from a kit by SHAR2 :thumbsup: , does not have a gunshield so I have had to manufacture my own from scrap brass sheet.

These views show the assembled 20mm guns fitted in the superstructure's tubs

97_guns_added_resized_800_wide.jpg

101_guns_added_resized_800_wide.jpg

12pdr fitted in the aft tub with scratchbuilt gunshield added

98_guns_added_resized_800_wide.jpg

99_guns_added_resized_800_wide.jpg

Continuing with the 20mm Oerlikon guns, these have been installed in the bow mounted gun tubs

102_bow_guns_added_resized_800_wide.jpg

The gunshields still need to be fitted and these are laying on the deck.

103_bow_guns_added_resized_800_wide.jpg

Work is now starting on building the stern Ketch anchor stowage position

106_stern_ketch_anchor_stowage_resized_8

And finally, for tonight, a view of the starboard side camouflage as compared to the earlier view of the port side.

105_starboard_side_camouflage_resized_10

That's enough for now, my eyes need to relax and my wife has bought me a nice Shiraz to unwind with :thumbsup:

'nite folks

Mike

• Like 6

The upperworks have been attached to the deck, the anchor hawser pipe has been drilled plus an anchor crafted and fitted. Then the usual (if you're ex-RN or RM) go over everything with a liberal coat of battleship grey!

I also managed to make some rudimentary decals to represent the vessel number at the bow and stern quarters.

112_decals_added_resized_1000_wide.jpg

All those vehicles need to be marked up with allied stars, plus the ambulances their red crosses etc., as seen above.

Having to get a bit of a spurt on now, still the railings to do and the bow doors to fit and then the whole thing to be weathered and look busy!.

thanks for looking and for those supporting comments. ;)

Mike

• Like 4

....... I don't know how you do it!

Neither do I! :fraidnot: I never seem to manage achieving the same thing twice; same with my cooking - no two meals are ever the same :shrug:

Mike

• Like 2

Does it really all finish tomorrow? :frantic: better get a final sprint on!

The railing are now fitted, first time I've done a full install of railings so, although I am quite pleased with it, I know that I need to improve on it! There isn't a set of PE railings specific for the LST2 so I have used generic 1:350 warship 2-bar railings

114_railings_added_1_resized_1000_wide.j

118_railings_added_6_resized_1000_wide.j

I have also constructed the bow doors & ramp and fitted them. The ramp looks a bit high but that is because it will eventually sit in a slot on a beach setting base

119_weathering_front_qtr_resized_1000_wi

I also had to make the model look like the LST2 had been at sea for some time and done quite a few beach landings.

120_weathering_done_resized_1000_wide.jp

Still to do: decal up all those vehicles :confused: ; finish the ship's davits and add the landing craft/boat; fit the large liferafts; add all the vehicles onto the LST2; and finally fit the whole thing onto a base.

Can't stop, must rush :bounce:

Mike

• Like 5

Today, and most I last night, I've been finishing and decalling the vehicles.

Not an easy task at this small scale :hypnotised:

129_Ambulances_resized_1000_wide.jpg

And so many of them!

122_vehicles_resized_1000_wide.jpg

Not exactly the order of battle but laid out like this 'cos they look nice; reminds me of my old collection of Dinky tanks and trucks :pipe:

125_vehicles_resized_1000_wide.jpg

Somehow, I now have to try to transfer as many of these over to the LST2

126_vehicles_resized_1000_wide.jpg

Only just over eight hour to go, don't panic, don't panic!

Still to do:

Add large liferafts to sides of LST2 plus landing craft into their davits

place all the vehicles onto the upper deck of the LST2 plus one or two leaving the ramp

add crew figures on decks

Position the whole set up onto a base for display

Can't stay on-line any longer. Final catch up tonight.

Thanks for all your supportive comments, they really are appreciated :)

Mike

• Like 7

That are a lot of vehicles to put on. I will keep my fingers (and eyes) crossed you will make it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi Dave,

yes, mostly; however I did have a rush requirement last week and got some from WEM as they had it in stock. Much of the L'Arsenal is pre-order with WEM or else I would use them more often.

Mike