1/32 Tornado ECR - Tiger Meet 2011 - the last one

The rainbow colors on the windscreen and the canopy is intentional and only visible under certain light conditions and from certain angles, just as it was the case on the original. The effect might not be as strong as for instance on the Hornet canopy but is still there. I achieved this effect by mixing future with soap and another round of polishing.
18466635yc.jpg

18466636ob.jpg

• Like 1

Fantastic effort!!! Would love to see in detail the manufacture of your wing seals if possible,

Many thanks for the kind words! I'll see, what I can do. Let me finish this and then I'll look up the WIP pics for the Seal bags.

During it's entire, albeit short, life as a Tiger 46+33 had a quite visible smudge on the starboard side of the nose cone. Well if it is on the original, it has to go to the model as well.

18466691qd.jpg

18466693bc.jpg

As mentioned above I intenionally decided against using resin burners. Albeit being very nice I found them not necessary to add. The Revell kit parts are actually quite nice and only need minimal detailling on the turbine, the flame holder ring and the nozzles. Most of all the resin parts do not offer the direly necessary detailing for the reverse thrust mechanism at the tail root. Since I had to scratch that anyway I could do what little detailing was necessary for the engines just as well.
18466763my.jpg

Maybe one can see the detailed rails on the LAUs and also the enhanced optics on the IRIS-T missile.
18466776ho.jpg

18466779ij.jpg

Here are the reworked and further detailed main and nose gear elements. Struds got shortened and replaced with metal rods, wiring and hydaulic tubes as well as data and mod plates added and the spring elements and the gear bays itself got further detailled as well. I have to admit that the Tornado has in my eyes one of the most complex gears I know in regards to modelling.
18466859bj.jpg

18466860pi.jpg

18466862xd.jpg

A great idea as I think and something I definitely had to try and add to the dio. It's kind of ironic that the only base for that undertaking I found was a 1/32 DMC Delorean toy car from Japan. The original was a Scirocco trying to be a Delorean and I was faced with the task of downgrading a Delorean into a Scirocco. Well .... About 50 percent of the result is putty I must admit and there are some deiscrepancies to the original - it is somewhat .... uuuhhmmm ... sporty in comparison to the original but in the end it is better than nothing at all. As said the base was a toy car with rubber motor inside and black windows. hence all the interior and the windows are scratch work as well. The seats for instance are old GRU-7As from a 1/32 Revell Tomcat.
18467003yr.jpg

18467004tl.jpg

18467005xp.jpg

18467006hd.jpg

18467007nx.jpg

18467008gy.jpg

18467009uc.jpg

Well ... as I mentioned in the beginning I really wanted to have my own 3D photo just as I saw it before and a minor albeit rather crucial element is still missing, namely little "moi" ;-D For that I mangled the deck handler from the Tamiya F-14 kit. Those who know me might be able to tell if I successfully turned the guy into a proper mini me.
18467175yr.jpg

• Like 1

If I am on the photo somebody must have logically taken the shot. I can't remember the name of the gentleman anymore but I hope I have provided a proper rendition of him as well. Again another Tamiya F-14 deck handler got abused to do the deed. Another head from the Academy F-18 set was added along a scratched camera. If you look closely you might make out the name of the brand on the camera cord. Granted he might stand somewhat inconvenient but hey that darned ladder was quite shaky after all. The big Tiger patch on the back had to go there as well.
18467198gd.jpg

18467199xx.jpg

18467201pt.jpg

Now we just put the puzzle pieces together one last time and off it goes into the display case and we are done.

18467242up.jpg

18467243ll.jpg

18467244vz.jpg

18467245yf.jpg

To all those that "persevered" until now: A big THANK YOU for the patience and for sticking along! I hope it was somewhat entertaining.
Till the next model ... TIGER TIGER TIGER!

• Like 4