1/32 Tornado ECR - Tiger Meet 2011 - the last one

Holy crap!!! I did this model as 1/144 by Revell and it was interesting. I am totally blown away as to how wonderfully realistic you made this, the attention to detail and how absolutely fabulous this is. My hat is off to you and I greatly admire your model. Thank you for sharing.

18467201pt.jpg

You do realise you need a model of you taking this picture and then a picture of you taking the picture of the model of you taking the next and so on ....

Edited by Flektor
  • Like 1

That is absolutely superb! Great modelling! I can tell you now...AirfixAndy on here is going to wet himself when he sees this! Brilliant!

Oh my god!

Even before I saw this build this is by far my favourite livery on the Tornado!

I saw her in Cambrai, brings back good memories!

Fantastic work on an amazing model mate!

And I think its so cool that you have built the car to match too and a helmet!

I believe I have this aircraft at home so thanks to you I may just make a start on it :).

A big big THANK YOU to everyone for the great feedback. I really appreciate it a great deal.

This was one of these "heart-blood" models you don't just do for fun and that tend to cause some serious emotional modelling stress.

So your nice comments really give confidence for the next build.

Many many thanks to everyone.

This is outstanding!

what did you print the decals on?

Many thanks for the interest. I'm using Decaldoc foil. It sets quite well with enough softener and is most of all sturdy enough to not rip iff you stretch and shift it.

• 4 years later...

I have just found this thread, what a fantastic build, attention to detail in the scratching of the fod covers is excellent. Your decal work puts many kit manufacturers to shame, especially on the missiles. This has to be one of the finest threads I have seen and congratulations on the actual tiger design too! Phenomenal! 

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the kind feedback and nice words. I'm amazed it still draws some attention after all that time. I'm happy you like it.

A lot has happened in the meantime. This year I was fortunate enough to do the design for the Luftwaffe Fighterwing-74s by now rather "infamous" Ghost Tiger Eurofighter. I hoped the Tiger Tiffy would make it RIAT this year but unfortunately higher powers prevented that visit. The livery is sadly gone again already but I sure hope I will be able to do something similar like the Tiger Tonka again with the Tiger Tiffy. I'm still working on the decal patterns actually.

34612747ls.jpg

Many thanks once again for the kind words. Very much appreciated.