Let me guess... the Mustang III combo set? I got a couple cheap, as well as the D-Day set. The wrong wing root doesn't bother me as much after a bit of sanding down to make it less obvious.

The same! I may use some aftermarket decals, though.

It shouldn't bother me so much, but it's in my power to fix, and so few things in life are, so I figured, might as well! Then someone will release a wholly accurate kit a week later.

Good luck everyone, I just looked at the decals on the B-25 I planned to enter with and realized that they're for a pacific theater and a corsican machine, so ill not be participating, but ill be watching avidly.

K

Neu -- There are pictures of a few 3 CLY Sherman IIs in 4 Armd Bde in The Sherman Tank in British Service, one of "CROCK" from C Squadron on p.32, and another on p.39, bereft of markings but with M34A1 combination gun mount and extended end connectors on metal chevron tracks.

British Tanks in Normandy has a whole chapter on 4th Armd Bde; notable to me is a 44th RTR Sherman II with the number 3 inside its blue tactical triangle on the turret side, cupola 0.5-inch MG, 124 tactical insignia on rear right, remnants of the waterproof exhaust trunking, and the front mudguards welded to the rear as stowage racks. The image is from the IWM: http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205087523

There's also a colour profile of a Sherman II, "REBEL" of B Sqn, 44 RTR, from 4th Armd Bde.

I'll join this GB with an old Clunker. Tamiya's first tank - the Panther Ausf A in 1:35 scale, complete with a few warts manifested from motorizations. It should be a decent canvas for some "live" camouflage, but not a candidate for inversion!

Hey guys, i have question mainly for the "leaders" here :) originaly i wanted to do swordfish for this gb, but i have problems with decals, should get the decals in month or two, but i cannt be sure. So i wanted to ask, if it would be possible to switch and build hasegawa P-51B 1/72, going for the swordfish later?

Hey guys, i have question mainly for the "leaders" here :) originaly i wanted to do swordfish for this gb, but i have problems with decals, should get the decals in month or two, but i cannt be sure. So i wanted to ask, if it would be possible to switch and build hasegawa P-51B 1/72, going for the swordfish later?

As far as I'm concerned that is fine, you are taking part, that's the main thing.................Smudge

• Like 2

I don't think that the Panther will take me long to finish. Options for a second build include AFV Club 1:35 M-10 and Tamiya Churchill Crocodile. Any preferences?

Well AFV club have thrown me a curveball, two lower turret sections both rather different. Time to research!

Also decided if I finish the Churchill in time ill see if I cant bash together a Tiger I have stashed away. I was debating this or a Tiger II but as the Tiger came up against the same division im modelling in Villar Bocage, it seems rather fitting I do one of these.... Or a Cromwell ARGH CHOICES!

My Airfix C-47 arrived yesterday . In the box it looks superb. Nice suprise that the decals that come with it are the ones i wanted to use . I had almost orderd a set FCM sheet #72-28 which have the same aircraft thus i feel i have saved around £9.00 .

Going to start my build tonight after work if not too knackerd .

Hi I would like to join the GB, im proposing a model of the U-480 type VIIc u boat with scnorkel and Albrecht anti sonar coating, its patrol started on 3rd august 1944 and finished 4th October 1944, it was in the area and sunk the Normandy anti submarine sweeper HMCS alberni on 21st august 1944 followed by three other vessels in the next couple of days completely undetected.

All the best Chris

• Like 1

Hi,

Can I join this group build ?

I have bought a kit of the D-day sea assault which I would like to submit for this build?

http://www.airfix.com/shop/d-day-operation-neptune/d-day-the-sea-assault-gift-set-1-72.html#product_image_2

Cheers,

Rick

Of course you can Rick, nice to see you back in the mode again.........Welcome aboard buddy................Smudge

No. The fluid is ejected some distance and only when it is vapour/oxygen then it can be ignited. Much like a gas cigarette lighter; its never scorched where the gas exits.

Also; the same type of fluid was used in man-held flame throwers. The men wore heat proof gloves, protection against the heat of the delivery tube, but the men were never scorched by their own weapon.

Hi, another late entry......

Got an ancient 1/72nd hasegawa Sd.Kfz 7/1 (quad 20mm flak) in the stash and a bit of research has revealed that the 21st panzer division, Abt.305 had at least one on its order of battle outside Caen.

However, I haven't been able to determine whether it was an armoured version or the soft skin variant I possess.

Would you mind awfully if I entered this or do I have to toddle off and get Revell's armoured version?

Perhaps the BM massive have the answer?

TIA

IanJ

• Like 1

I have placed a request for some troops to use in my C-47 over the dropzone build . After looking at all the major brands of 1/72 US Airborne sets i have found it difficult to find any that are not in the landed and combat positions where they have ditched their parashoots .

Esci have 3 figures in their set but i would like to find some more in different positions and even better maybe some in the jumped but not landed mode .

if any one has any leads i would be most grateful

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234962521-wanted-esci-set-209-us-paratroopers/

I had taken a look but whent back with your link and realise that

Italeri

Set 6063

US Paratroopers are the same as the esci set and far easier to find . Looking at all the sets on Plastic Soldier review i could't find any others that had their parashoot packs still on.

Sorry I have been a bit quite over the last week, I've just had a Kidney stone "Nuked" and it has been causing me a bit of pain (a lot actually) :boom: ........I seem to be on the mend now though .....Anyone who has joined the build that I have missed, welcome.......................Smudge