Hi, would there be a problem with Spitfire PR.XIX PM631? The type, livery, configuration, role and operational area are spot on for the timeframe. The only problem being that my intended aircraft serial and hence the serial decals I have are for an aircraft built in 1945. Would I be required to choose a different serial or would this BBMF mashup be acceptable?

Edited by WV908

Hi, would there be a problem with Spitfire PR.XIX PM631? The type, livery, configuration, role and operational area are spot on for the timeframe. The only problem being that my intended aircraft serial and hence the serial decals I have are for an aircraft built in 1945. Would I be required to choose a different serial or would this BBMF mashup be acceptable?

Normaly I would say some different serials, but you could always build it without the serials and place them after the GB have finished.

That is not 100% correct, but it would be fine by me.

A Spitfire mk. XIX with D-Day stripes would be nice.

Cheers,

Hi Arniec,

Thanks for the reply. I've sourced some suitable decals, so will in the interests of completeness likely finish the aircraft as RM645 and consider reverting it to PM631 after the GB to sit alongside PA474, NX611, Sally B and P7350

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I haven't started the painting of the figures yet for my diorama. I have been working for the last 2 days and haven't spent anytime painting or building anything.

I keep meaning to do some, but I am finding my evenings quite relaxing at the moment.

• Like 1

Help needed

I understand that during their flight from the UK to the dropzones in Normandy by the C_47 's only esential lights were on eg navigation lights , however on the arival over the dropzone would any of the aircraft interior lights have been on ,especially the ones lighting up the wire that the static lines were attached to as visability would be needed here , also if lights used what colour ?.

I a close to closing the fuselage halves and this is my last chance to paint the lights or not.

Thanks

Alistair

I don't know for sure. However, interior lights are nowhere near as visible as navigation lights. FWIW, my opinion would be to illuminate whatever you think necessary.

• Like 1

I popped into the LMS near my work yesterday, and although they did have casting resin, it wasn't at an attractive price, and I think it was more of the sort of resin that you might use for an aqueous diorama. They did, however, have sub-millimeter-link brass and silver chain. I've been looking for such stuff for years.

If time permits, I might kit bash this ...

IMG_1215_zpsdb44087a.jpg

with this (unless someone can convince me that M4s were used for Crabs, not M4A4s):

IMG_1211_zpseb6f6b6f.jpg

• Like 1

Dude....I've got most of the same parts stashed up in one of my Dragon M4A4s, although I went to Dan Taylor Modelworks for my Crab accessories. :coolio:

One of the guys on ML Braille did this kit-bash too.....IIRC he wound up scratching most of the Crab components as the Airfix parts are crude and are designed for a kit of a shorter Sherman variant that's on the small side for 1/76. :confused:

What I actually popped in here to say was that I'm surprised nobody has considered building a heavy bomber, British or American.....The British aircraft operated in daylight which was fairly unusual and they made a right mess of Caen, while the Americans were responsible for the obliteration of the Panther battalion of Panzer Lehr, opening the way for the breakout. :fight:

• Like 1

Dude....I've got most of the same parts stashed up in one of my Dragon M4A4s, although I went to Dan Taylor Modelworks for my Crab accessories. :coolio:

One of the guys on ML Braille did this kit-bash too.....IIRC he wound up scratching most of the Crab components as the Airfix parts are crude and are designed for a kit of a shorter Sherman variant that's on the small side for 1/76. :confused:

What I actually popped in here to say was that I'm surprised nobody has considered building a heavy bomber, British or American.....The British aircraft operated in daylight which was fairly unusual and they made a right mess of Caen, while the Americans were responsible for the obliteration of the Panther battalion of Panzer Lehr, opening the way for the breakout. :fight:

Agree some areas of weaponry are poorly represented . I would have thought that more boat/ship builders would have entred the g/b as there arn't many others that i can see that could include them . So far we have the rubber coated sub for the Axis and a landing boat for the Allies . We need a HMS Belfast (beyond my abbilities :( )

Hi guys.

I would like to ask about kit to build.

I want to Jon this GB but i don't want to make another plane so i was thinking about a tank in 1/35 scale.

But I never build tank before so I'm looking

Easy kit with good details.I don't want to buy aftermarket parts.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

Hi everyone,

I have a 2nd kit to join this GB with : Airfix 1:600 H.M.S. Belfast

It is quite appropriate really as she was one of the ships firing on the D-Day landing beaches so will go well with my diorama I am doing.

Rick

P.S. This will be my first proper battleship, none of the angular modern looking stuff I have built before.

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

Hi guys.

I would like to ask about kit to build.

I want to Jon this GB but i don't want to make another plane so i was thinking about a tank in 1/35 scale.

But I never build tank before so I'm looking

Easy kit with good details.I don't want to buy aftermarket parts.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

If you are willing to try 1/72, I could suggest hundreds! :winkgrin:

What takes your fancy, Aliied or Axis? :shrug:

This site is probably the best general guide to 1/76 & 1/72 AFV kits: http://henk.fox3000.com/index2.htm Almost every kit that has ever been made is in there somewhere! B)

Nobody has built a Panzer IV or StuG III yet and American, Polish and Canadian armour are still under represented IMHO. ;)

You could Always try a Tamiya 1/35 tank. they are quite easy to build. The Tigers and late panthers are great. And If you are more into allied stuff than the Cromwell and Centaur are awesome.

I hope this will help.

Cheers

[cough cough] Cruiser!

[/quotit

OK then its a cruiser......but I think you might need a drink to get rid of that cough lol.....

Anyway on a more serious note, this group build is giving me a number of firsts for my modelling career :

1) 1st diorama

2) 1st military land vehicles

3) 1st amphibious vehicles

4) 1st military figures (possibly 50 of them)

5) 1st WW2 warship (a cruiser not a battleship) when I start it

Thanks,

Rick

• Like 1

[cough cough] Cruiser!

[/quotit

OK then its a cruiser......but I think you might need a drink to get rid of that cough lol.....

Anyway on a more serious note, this group build is giving me a number of firsts for my modelling career :

1) 1st diorama

2) 1st military land vehicles

3) 1st amphibious vehicles

4) 1st military figures (possibly 50 of them)

5) 1st WW2 warship (a cruiser not a battleship) when I start it

Thanks,

Rick

We do try to please you know.................Sounds like it /they will be well worth waiting for.....................Smudge

• Like 1

Is there anyone here waiting for the new 1/24 Airfix Typhoon to enter into the G/B . I have mine orderd on Amazon with a possible delivery on 23 july which would give a build time of 75 days . Is it possible to do this kit justice in that time ?

I'd like to see it done. Go for it.

I have a confession. I was looking at an Italeri boxing of Esci's 1:72 StuG III yesterday, as it has a Normandy markings option. It's now about 50% built, and I didn't take photos. :) I'll see if I have another in the stash, but I doubt it. Highly recommended kit to build, by the way, if you have one. If you don't, you might weight up your options, as Revell's is probably better, although it's a different version. Dragon's StuG IV is better still.

I'd like to see it done. Go for it.

I have a confession. I was looking at an Italeri boxing of Esci's 1:72 StuG III yesterday, as it has a Normandy markings option. It's now about 50% built, and I didn't take photos. :) I'll see if I have another in the stash, but I doubt it. Highly recommended kit to build, by the way, if you have one. If you don't, you might weight up your options, as Revell's is probably better, although it's a different version. Dragon's StuG IV is better still.

Yes , yes, yes you can Mottlemaster. Bring the beast to life.

Cheers,

well this was a hyperthetical question as i was hoppeing to tempt someone else to throw their hat into the ring . I may be tempted to do my MDC resin Typhoon as a runup to starting the larger more complex airfix kit which i will savor as a long leisurly winter build .

• Like 2