well this was a hyperthetical question as i was hoppeing to tempt someone else to throw their hat into the ring . I may be tempted to do my MDC resin Typhoon as a runup to starting the larger more complex airfix kit which i will savor as a long leisurly winter build .

The MDC Typhoon will do as well. I wish I have a Airfix 1/24 Typhoon. It would be a real temptation not to start it right away.

Good luck with the MDC version. I will look out for it.

Cheers,

• Like 1

The MDC Typhoon will do as well. I wish I have a Airfix 1/24 Typhoon. It would be a real temptation not to start it right away.

Good luck with the MDC version. I will look out for it.

Cheers,

O.K the MDC typhoon will be my next build . This makes scence for me in lots of ways So Thats decided YES YES YES . It has been in the stash for years and this is the perfect time to do it . Like Kallisti's in flight Typhoon so going to mull over some ideas based on that.

• Like 2

Can't say that I noticed any while checking for SdKfz.251/1 Ausf Cs, but then, I wasn't really looking TBH.....I believe the Neue-Art SdKfz.250 predates the SdKfz.251 Ausf D, so I'd expect them to be at least very uncommon by this stage of the war. :nerd:

• Like 1

I think you're right. I am a glutton for punishment. I think I can convert Airfix's 1:32 250/3 (Alt) to a 250/1(Neu) without too much trouble. Not getting ahead of myself though. Too easily distracted. I am.

Well i've gotta get my act together and start doing some work on both my kits - the D-Day diorama and the HMS Belfast - as they have been severely neglected for the last week due to working on 2 cars (GT500 and Ecto-1A). As soon as the Ecto 1A is finished, these are going to become my primary focus.

Good morning

This year I have already built 2 Thunderbolt in DDAY markings but posted them before the start of this GB

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234961236-p-47-d-razorback-col-magoffin-362-fighter-group/?hl=%2Bthunderbolt+%2Btamiya+%2B172#entry1638669

I would like ton know if I am allowed to enter this Gb with another Tamiya Thunderbolt that I intend to represent in the colours of

the aircraft flown by Fred Christensen

654372FredChistensenThunderboltlmc.jpg

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi patrice,

You are more than welcome with a new build if it is in the right period (see rules) than there is no problem.

Cheers,

Good afternoon Arniec

I think it is in the right period on July 5th Fred Christensen shoot down an FW 190 Near Evreux (Nomandy) his aircraft wears DDAY identification stripes under the wings and aft fuselage ..

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if the Red Tails/Tuskegee Airmen from WW2 took part in D-day operations as I am building the Airfix kit of the plane shown below ?

p-47d-thunderbolt-39-red-tails-gm-56_zps

If anyone knows it would be good if they could let me know as it would be nice to get another kit for this group build. It will also be another first for me : 1st WW2 fighter aircraft.

Look forward to hearing from an expert :D

Cheers,

Rick

Sorry Guys for not being here fore a few days.

I have hade some trouble with the internet provider at home.

That hase today been fixt, so I am on it again.

Thanxs Mish for answering the question of Plasmahal.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm afraid I am going to have to go AWOL on this as I have been having severe Kidney stone problems over the last month and I cannot give the time to the build it deserves............I am sure Arnie can keep it going as he has been doing without me so far.....I have made a start on my Father's Firefly, but a start is all I have made..............I have informed Mish and will keep an eye on what is occurring as and when I get the chance...........Great work so far, keep it up......................Smudge

I have the combined brain power of the Brimodeller forum working on the tricky question of invasion stripe width for my C-47 build .

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234964471-airfix-set-a-maths-test-turn-over-the-paper-now/

Looks like 8.7mm is a contender

I would like to thank the hosts of this GB, I have enjoyed taking part in it and wish I had a second kit to submit as part of it.

I have one more WW2 kit but I'm not sure if it would be suitable as it doesn't have decals for a European plane its a P-47N Thunderbolt, will this be OK?

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801