Airfix 1/48 Seavixen with Alleycatz FAW.1 conversion

Hi All

This was supposed to be part of the FAA group build a while ago, I did not complete it, I think doing two kits was a bit ambitious, I completed the DH Dominie but this had quite a bit to go. I lost the two lights from the Port Tail fin, bit of a school boy error on my part and I omitted to read the instructions properly and so ended up trying to cut them off the clear insert that was supposed to be there and the pings off into the jaws of the carpet monster, lesson learnt !

The Airfix kit builds up very nicely as does the Alleycatz conversion Not much filler was needed with the worst bit being the wing to tail booms which, tio be fair may well have been my own fault.

Model is brush painted as usual using Humbrol enamels although on this occasion I used Revell paint for the white, this was slightly troublesome so have reverted to my trusted Humbrol paints.

I have finally finished her and am pleased with the result. Hope you like it.

DSCF7236a_zpsbf47bbbd.jpg

DSCF7235a_zps635d72ea.jpg

DSCF7237a_zps8eef4486.jpg

DSCF7226a_zps3a7a2df9.jpg

DSCF7229a_zpsd74e6eb7.jpg

DSCF7227a_zps50628613.jpg

DSCF7225a_zps23ca2f77.jpg

DSCF7223a_zps8af58846.jpg

DSCF7222a_zps0a5cf687.jpg

DSCF7217a_zps3af2a992.jpg

DSCF7216a_zpsc0e3c77b.jpg

DSCF7242a_zpsa80bbd89.jpg

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris

• Like 27

I am a spray painter by trade, and know my way around an air-brush. I've painted aircraft, and camo. on tanks, 1/1 scale. I'll be pleased if my 90% finished Vixen turns out nearly as well as yours! Well done! :)

• Like 1

I really like that,...beautiful modelling of a fantastic looking aircraft,...I`ve always liked the Mk.1 better than the Mk.2!

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

Nice job. I built this conversion & found the boom to wing joint a real pain but managed to get it together in the end. The FAW1 is certainly more graceful than the -2 but I really prefer the pugncious, more muscular look of the latter.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Graham, I am glad is was not just me that found the Tail booms a bit of a struggle. They were the worst part of a truly wonderful conversion kit from Alleycatz, the rest of the conversion went together very well indeed.

All the best
Chris

Great finish Chris, the FAW. 1 is a far more handsome version IMO.

Mick

Excellent job, You really can't see the joins! I have one in my " to do" pile but it's slipping further back now that the Airfix Typhoon is looming on the horizon (I hope). If mine turns out anywhere near as good I will be well pleased.