Revell 1/144 Apache

Time has been tight recently between moving house, new job, new baby and a multitude of 'important' things to be done. I thought a 1/144 build would be the ideal thing as a low part count and small surface area might allow some visible progress in the moments I have.

Revell-AH-64D-Longbow-Apache-1144-Model-

I bought the kit for no reason a few months ago, I think I just fancied a helicopter in the stash incase the urge took me! 3 sprues and decals.

Plan is to have it in flight on a thin piece of clear acrylic rod and a small base, possibly with a tiny SCUD launcher as the box art if I can find a Micro-Machines one for a reasonable price, I'm not sure my scratch building can stretch to a 1/250 SCUD vehicle!

DSC_0233.JPG

Apart from one of the side fittings self sacrifice to the new houses carpet the main parts have gone together beautifully. Some rescribing due on the engine pods once everything is together.

DSC_0234.JPG

These are the remaining parts for when the fuselage is joined. A protective rail for the machine gun will be scratched in time.

DSC_0232.JPG

Cockpit tub with very restrained weathering. I may add a hint of sand/dust in the footwells. The decals are black and white but give a fair impression of layout.

DSC_0236.JPG

Forward console with as much detail as I could muster.

DSC_0228.JPG

The pilots are my first ever attempt at green-stuff sculpting. I'm (quietly) really happy with how they've come up with some paint on. A little highlighting and they'll be ready to close up.

Hopefully another post soon with the completed cockpit - exciting!

Thanks for looking

Pete

• Like 2

Nice work, Pete

The crew look great!

Gotta love detailing in 144th scale! ;)

Look forward to seeing more in the near future (or should that be "in the near Johnson's Klear'?)

Kev

Nice start there, I built this one last year. Be careful getting the undercarriage on tho. They really should be done before those side pod things go on (their name escapes me), I had done trouble with them when I build them. Other than that it's a tidy little model that builds up nicely. You won't be able to see the floor tho, even with the pilots door open.

Will be watching for more :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Cockpit all together and awaiting a matt coat.

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

Canopy needs masking next which I am very much not looking forward to as the engraved lines on the piece are so very fine I think it'll be complete guesswork! All tips gratefully received!