1/72 Caproni Ca311, 311M / Special Hobby SH72307 /309

Hi, here are first fews part of our new Caproni model. These are in our classical short-run quality and the wings will be the same.

On the other hand, for the fuselage halves we will make electro-plated (galvanic) moulds, as these parts will be made from clear plastic. So, no need to glue each one of the many windows that Caproni had

IMG_9996_zps6fddd4e1.jpg
IMG_9998_zps4a1b05d0.jpg
IMG_9997_zps54ce371d.jpg

Clear styrene for the fuselage halves? Bingo! That sounds like a seller right there all on its own!

What other advantages does this kit offer over the existing renderings of it from other companies?

This looks great and the clear styrene fuselage halves is just what the doctor ordered. Though I would really question that interior structure detail etched over the windows! How can it be painted? It's supposed to be a tubular structure and in MHV it would be much better to provide those very visisble details as separate moulded parts.

As I'm a Caproni (Swedish AF B 16/S 16) entusiast, I do appreciate the innovative clear fuselage alternative to the oldie but goodie Italeri kit (which can still form the basis of an exquisite model with some work).

But, Petr, what is REALLY needed, as a couple of posters have already pointed out, is a 1:48th scale version, and of the inline engine Isotta-Fraschini powered Ca.313, with the mid-fuselage ventral gun position!

Please consider it, at the earliest possible moment! ;-)

Please!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Joachim, we have already discussed the 48th Caproni with colleagues, but we are afraid that there are not many such enthusiasts as you who would buy the model. We´ll see in future, perhaps sometimes....

Sorry to disappoint you.

----

We have already received the boxarts, visit our blog please:

http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/06/sh72307309-caproni-ca311311m-box-arts.html

SH72307_CaproniCa_311_zpsbcdffbcc.jpg

Edited by petr@MPM

Joachim, we have already discussed the 48th Caproni with colleagues, but we are afraid that there are not many such enthusiasts as you who would buy the model. We´ll see in future, perhaps sometimes....

Sorry to disappoint you.

That's to bad and quite dissapointing the hear.

Personaly i think it would sell just as good (or even better) as a 1/72 kit.

Edited by flarpen

Sorry to disappoint you.

Petr,

What if I promise to buy, let's say five? ;-)

And you can bet that a Ca.313 (Swedish S 16 and B 16) in 1:48 would sell as hot cupcakes in, for example, the F 11 Museum shop! I know the guy in charge there.

Please, reconsider?

Kind regards,

Joachim

• 2 weeks later...

The built-up test shot (?) looks really nice!

The idea to use clear plastic for the fuselage is pure genius. But I have to agree with Pin that the engraved structure members on the inside of the window panes is unfortunate. IMHO, it will hardly be possible to paint them in a way that will look realistic.

Looking forward to building this machine, even if it has no direct bearing on the Ca.313.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• 1 month later...

Petr,

Is there any chance of a CA. 313 in 1/72? Which - as far as I can see - just would require new wings and engines?

Sorry for butting in ;-) But first of all, the CA.313 needs an all new fuselage because of the ventral m/g position just behing the wing trailing edge. Also, the Italeri CA.313 is still quite a respectable kit, isn't it?

In my view, it's the 1/48 version we're waiting for. ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim