SAAF Avro Anson

Here is my effort depicting Anson L7951 of 45 Air School near Oudshoorn in the Western Cape in 1940.

Tackling the kit only now had it’s advantages as numerous previous builds could be used to point out
any problems or pitfalls.
The underside is finished in a blue used only in South Africa during the war and is described as SAAF Sky Blue A (close to FS 35190)
by historian Ron Belling in his book ‘A portrait of Military Aviation in South Africa’
So, another one in the bag........

BTW Has anybody got a solution to overcome the terrible quality of the Photobucket images?

Cheers.

Edit; Sorry for the double post......had a power surge

IMG_2452PPP.jpg

IMG_2442P.jpg

IMG_2440P.jpg

IMG_2449P-001.jpg

IMG_2451PPP.jpg

IMG_2454P.jpg

AnsonSkoon-002.jpg

• Like 11

Beautiful piece of work here.

( Main problem I have with Photobucket is that is seems to emphasize all my errors / blemishes )

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks chaps....as you know most of us always think this or that could have been done better.

My problem with Photobucket is that they put out images with such a low resolution that crisp detail looks fuzzy.

In this case a 300KB photo is reduced to 43KB.

Roger; It is a 1/48 kit by Classic Airframes.

Max; Only thanks to your heads-up I got the wheels right :thumbsup:

Karl; Yes, the canopy masking took SOME time.

Cheers.

I've got another CA Anson ready to build Etienne, the same version as yours which I'm going to finish as one of the Rhodesian Air Training Group 1943/4 based on this watercolour painting that my father did:

531e2b32-c747-46af-855a-a77a436cd9cb_zps

Max

I love it,......one of the best Anson models that I`ve seen and the scheme is great,.....I love SAAF subjects. Well up to your usual fantastic standard,

Cheers

Tony

As the others have said, great scheme to choose and brilliantly built. Your patience with the masking has really paid off:)

Photo bucket shouldn't reduce the resolution if you're only uploading 300kb so I suspect there is a setting that needs to be unchecked somewhere.