Avro Tutor - What's out there?

Hutch

What kits have been produced of the Avro Tutor in any scale? I'm trying to find out for a possible future project so any scale, currently available or not.

Regards

Hutch

My 1/48 Tutor was a Vac and I can still run the moulds. To me it looks like the AZ kit was a scaled down version of my kit. IMO.

John

So John, that must make it the MOST accurate 1:72 scaled Tutor out there..... :winkgrin:

I would also add to Ken's message in enquiring as to a possibility of a small re-run of your Tutor.

Reason being: My late-father was in the RAF and for one of his postings was working as ground crew for Oxford University Air Squadron at Abingdon back in the mid 30's. In 1936 he 'hacked' off a piece of fabric from a crashed Avro Tutor that has the full Squadron Crest on it. Luckily he scribbled a few notes on the back (in pencil) outlining where it came from. I'm would love to display it with an example of where it came from.

Hutch

It's a pity this didn't come up a few days ago when I was doing some work on the Vacformer. I can probably put a few kits together. I also have (if Vac wings frighten you) some 22 cm by 4 cm injected Styrene aerofoil wing blanks which I made for fast pattern making which are the right size for the Tutor. You would have to put the wing ribs on and shape the tips etc. I had thought to do some etch struts ala my injected Demon kit.

John.

• 4 years later...