Hi,

Flew on this last year coming back from Spain, outbound was a 737-800. Minicraft kit with the angle of the engine pylons adjusted and Draw Decal Thomson markings. Metal winglets from a modeller on here which I broke off the wing several times! I've not altered the kit's dodgy nose shape as this was just a quick build for me in between other things.

Comments welcome.....

DSCF5311.JPGDSCF5309.JPG

DSCF5310.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 15

Nice job! Great looking "Boing".

I know from bitter experience the challenges of this particular kit, I still have a couple of BRAzil decal sheets (Arizona Cardinals) waiting for when I have another crack at one- the kits aren't cheap either these days :-( so no time soon!

Great job on fixing the engines ( "angle of the dangle" to quote Mitchem ), and am very impressed with your obvious skill in masking.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks guys - the masking wasn't difficult, just tedious! I scanned the DrawDecal instructions and printed them out to 1/144 then used that to work out where the curves changed. Probably took about an hour to mask and a couple of minutes to squirt some paint.

Steve

Hi - I just wanted to look in again and enjoy your 757 again. She looks superb. I have had a bit of a mad spending frenzy this month having bought about 12 civil airliners having been inspired by masterpieces from the forum ( don't tell the wife!)

I bought the eastern express 757 kit and a resin nose and fin correction kit - both yet to come in the post. I will end up with a major boeing and airbus/BAC mass production line next month built up of

Minicraft 777

Revell a340 600 conversion

Revell 747 200 conversion

Revell 747 400 conversion

Revell 787

Eastern express 757

Eastern express 767

FRSIN ATR 42

4 x concordes

Heller A380 x 2

• 2 weeks later...

My Eastern Express 757 has just arrived (at last from Hong Kong) - I must say I am very disappointed in the moulding. I would rather build a vacform that have to build this heap of rubbish. The starboard fuselage is 5mm longer than the port side. Dry fitting neither the nose or the tail plane can be matched up. Looks like I am going to have to go into plastic surgeon mode with the help of some Braz resin on this build. :mental: