HobbyBoss 1/48 A-6A Intruder VA-115 "Arabs"

Hi everyone, this is my first post here on BM.

I just completed this build. Kit is the new-ish HobbyBoss 1/48 A-6A Intruder built OOB except the decals which were from Fightertown Decals' A-6A/A-6E Colorfull Intruders Pt 1 sheet and Mk 82s and MERs which came from Hasegawa's Weapon Set A.
Painted with Gunze Mr Color lacquers and washed with Tamiya enamels. I left it relatively clean as the actual jet was rather new when wearing these markings. In all it was a fun build. I have the new A-6E in the stash and will get to that soon. In the meantime, enjoy the attached photos!
HB_A-6A_019.jpg
HB_A-6A_020.jpg
HB_A-6A_021.jpg
HB_A-6A_022.jpg
HB_A-6A_023.jpg
HB_A-6A_024.jpg
HB_A-6A_025.jpg
HB_A-6A_026.jpg
Mark
  • Like 40

Mark,

NICE ONE !.

I originally had no intention to build the A-6 Intruder but recently saw an online build review of the Hobby Boss kit and was very tempted…..I've subsequently bought the A-6E which is now awaiting my attention. For a change, I've been very circumspect with aftermarket products and limited myself to a pair of resin GRU-7 ejection seats and a decal sheet or two. I'm tempted to do one of the USS Ranger post-Desert Storm jets since I saw these close up when the carrier stopped off in Hong Kong during the summer of 1991.

You have done a great job with your build and finish, which is real inspiration…Well Done and welcome to BM !

Mark

:bye:welcome

and superb fist post, looks great , I wouldent mind picking this kit up at some point, very nice work, great scheme and nicely done, great job on the subtle weathering and very nice finish

Superb work. The weathering looks fantastic.

Chris

First one I have seen done, very inspiring, especially as I have the kit on the way and the very same decal sheet.

The finished model looks far better than I imagined, and I have always loved the Intruder. This was one kit I always wanted Hasegawa to do in their 48 scale USN line. Looks like they have been beaten to the punch

Bruce

thats just simply georgeous!!!!! i am becoming a huge fan of yours. were you the guy that was having a warehouse somewhere in the paya lebar area and u guys were having lots of members doing their models there?

i wanted to join in but never found the time and decipline. Hope you guys are still operating there.