A BIG Rolls Royce

It has been most kind of all of you who watched, wrote and 'liked' all along this journey. You have added immensely to my knowledge and enjoyment and mere 'thanks' does not express my appreciation.

Due to your kindness, I now have many new modeling friends, a benefit I never considered when I started work. I will watch and enjoy all of your collective works.

My Rolls has fulfilled my vision and I can't ask for more. I enjoy its presence daily.

Carry on and may your modeling satisfaction only be surpassed by your good health . :worthy::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mr.C !!

Thank YOU, for sharing Your journey with Us on the forum.

I have learned so much on the journey,not just practical things, but perserverence to do the job right, even when serious life matters intervened - I have started to adopt some of Your approaches to problems and work ethics already!

Many,many thanks and .......Keep Sticking!!

Cheers,    Pete,  from (Wet 'n' Dreary:D) Staffordshire

(Wet 'n' Dreary:D) - ?    =  MODELLING WEATHER !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, morty_3333 said:

Hi Mr.C !!

Thank YOU, for sharing Your journey with Us on the forum.

I have learned so much on the journey,not just practical things, but perserverence to do the job right, even when serious life matters intervened - I have started to adopt some of Your approaches to problems and work ethics already!

Many,many thanks and .......Keep Sticking!!

Cheers,    Pete,  from (Wet 'n' Dreary:D) Staffordshire

(Wet 'n' Dreary:D) - ?    =  MODELLING WEATHER !!!!!!!

Well Pete I would tell you to 'dry up!' but I mean it in the best possible way for your atmospheric conditions. ! :P

In 3 1/2 years I've modelled through numerous snow storms, tropical storms and one passing hurricane. :rain:Then there's the brief periods of cooperative weather which allows the paint to go  and stay on! To say nothing of medical mischief that life always throws our way. 

But I've always liked your advice to 'keep sticking'.

Glad if you've found value in this work and will ask you to post the results you produce on the bench.

And thanks for the kind thoughts.

C

• Like 1

Hi Mr. C!

Yes,I think I remember the passing hurricane,gave a wet-ish Christmas a year or so back?

My current build is keeping Me off britmodeller at the moment (one of these,which I've been working on on and off for a couple of years,and decided it was time to get it done:-)

This is'nt My build,I'm roughly upto about page 5 on Taylor's build-

http://www.sparksstudios.com/boatyard/valdivia_Page_1.htm

Hope to finish this about the beginning of December,then will be back on britmodeller with a rather large Battlecruiser:-

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235008558-hms-hood-1200/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Hood

"Full speed (sticking) ahead!"

Cheers,  Pete

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, wkennerley said:

Great build Codger, just read your article on Pocher in the RROC Flying Lady too. 

Cheers Wayne

Wayne! My long lost RR fellow builder! What is the status of your Sedanca? I have truly missed your very promising build. I sincerely hope you continue on here with it.

And thank you for the kindness. Having mine in Flying Lady was an unexpected honor.

Please come back!

1 hour ago, wkennerley said:

Thanks Codger, I am around, just busy with other things like 1/64 custom diecasts and lost a bit of modelling mojo - I have recently done some tidying up on the engine. 

Wayne

Two extremes if there ever were - 1/64 diecasts and 1/8 behemoths ...!  Would even be happy to see 'tidying up' - post whenever you can...

31 minutes ago, PC2012 said:

Every time a see this "model". It's so difficult to see it as a model. As I'm sure you've time and again Codger, it look's so damn real!!!

Thank you my friend.

For fun, here we are early morning waiting in line at a prestigious concours...:devil:

CONCOURS_4608.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, larchiefeng said:

I’m really looking forward to the restoration of this thread for all to enjoy again 

Thanks Wayne. 569 pictures are restored as of tonight.

Less than 400 to go.

Yawn - Putting my jammies on now..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harveyb258 said:

It's great to see this back, Chas.

We seem to have a proper Pocher resurgence on at the moment and I, for one, am lovin' it.:D

Thank you Harvey it's nice BUT-

I have not seen your museum-bound project in quite a while. As one of the leaders of the ScratchBuilder's Posse - you cannot deprive us of this art. :nono:

You and your boys work at a higher level than mere Pochers.

• Like 1

• Greg B locked this topic