GR7s against Iraq (Airfix 1/72 x 2)

Erm, I don't suppose anyone has any 1/72 CBU-87s and associated stencils, do they? I don't have Weapons Set 5 after all. Cookenbacher is my hero, you saw it here first.

Masked the canopies today, mostly, and fiddled around. I have to do the ejector seats, which I hate, and then close up the cockpits, which I love, and then it's basecoat time, baby! I'm moving at a still-glacial pace on these for a variety of reasons: World of Tanks, depression, the weather, my job, which is pretty demanding for a workplace where my raises don't keep up with inflation, and the apparently ceaseless supply of yardwork that can be discovered by a woman who doesn't have to teach during the summer.

• Like 1

Bit ungrateful to spell your hero's name wrong PC :fraidnot:

However, your perfectly good excuses notwithstanding I would quite like to see some fresh photographs of your progress so if you find the time to extract the relevant digits I am sure we would all be most appreciative :D

Cheers,

Stew

Stew, I'm garbage! I didn't even go into my workroom last night or this morning before leaving for work! I really need to unbutt and get moving, but we're going on an impromptu vacation to Michigan this weekend so that we can feel suitably dolorous during the terrible traffic that surrounds the absolute worst holiday in the country.

As a consolation prize, here is a current photo of my cubicle:

10492608_808779395813541_163429955196362

Yes, really.

• Like 1

Hi PC,

Crikey mate, that's a bit unpatriotic, you've got a Swiss flag on your rucksack :yikes:

However aside from that I think your workplace decor is quite fetching :coolio: I trust that your colleagues feel the same :analintruder:

Hope you have a good holiday - I got back from mine last night and am not really looking forward to returning to my cell tomorrow :fraidnot:

Cheers,

Stew

p.s. ha, that Onion article is class; have you ever seen the Daily Mash stuff?

Okay, tomorrow I'm off to see my in-laws in northern Michigan, 300 miles away, so my holiday weekend will be spent travelling or among the barbarous subhumans that dwell up there. But first:

IMAG1285_zpsqhzuoirq.jpg

IMAG1284_zps1acfirrj.jpg

• Like 2

I'm back! Michigan -- northern Michigan, anyway -- is a lovely place, though crammed full of allergens and wealthy vacationers, a group I definitely though reluctantly cannot associate myself with. Here's a candid shot of my lovely wife and myself, showing a perfectly normal American couple:

10524366_815025975188883_495036451179648

Perfectly. Normal.

In weirder news, we saw this couple feeding their parrots(!!!) at an outdoor restaurant in Glen Arbor, MI, reputed to be one of the loveliest small towns in America, and good luck finding a cabin for less than a million dollars there, too:

10514713_815517931806354_341330551831534

They were feeding the parrots with the same silverware they were eating off of themselves.

Anyway, the Harriers. After a nine hour drive home on Sunday (it's normally six, but we were caught in a hundred-mile long, no foolin', traffic jam outside of Chicago, we were in no shape to do anything, anything at all, but yesterday, which I took off to get housework done, I also managed to do a tiny bit more work on the Harriers: I gave the ejector seat bits a blast of primer before painting them, and glued the joysticks into the cockpits. Hold me back, right? I also, perhaps inappropriately, given the holiday, read up more on postwar Britain, which just cemented my immense fondness for your peculiar, wonderful little island. "God-damned Europeans, take me back to beautiful England..."

• Like 3

Hard to get much work done, as the heat and humidity here is terrible...frankly, most of the United States is wholly unsuited to human habitation, and that goes double for Chicago, which is unbearable for about 48 weeks out of the year. Also, my mojo remains in deadly abeyance.

Still, I polished out that nasty seam along the tops of the two canopies. This lead to the following little vignette:

[My wife walks into the bathroom to find me polishing a model airplane canopy using toothpaste and a toothbrush. There is a long pause as she asseses the situation.]

Me: I imagine you have a lot of questions right now.

IMAG1274_zpsbz2gr4f8.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

p.s. ha, that Onion article is class; have you ever seen the Daily Mash stuff?

I missed this first go-round! I have indeed, although it's more difficult for me, as The Onion is free, and the Daily Mash is, to paraphrase Evelyn Waugh in Scoop, free "to a point".

Here, incidentally, is where I am right now:

IMAG1354_zpsbhl8updv.jpg

Will I actually manage to prime these fine fat STOL-capable pheasants today? Stay tuned, gentle readers! I'm on a roll. I ran eight miles, ate a hearty breakfast made by my lovely wife, walked for two hours along the lake, and inched slightly closer to the mighty Centurion in World of Tanks. Today I am a force of nature!

• Like 1

Holy carp! [Not a typo] I actually got some more done!

IMAG1355_zpswdkrvlwn.jpg

I sprayed Gunze Light Aircraft Grey on the WARDEN GR7, and Gunze Dark Sea Grey on the upper parts of the TELIC GR7. I'll let them dry overnight at the least before masking off/sealing, as Gunze acrylics can be very finicky. I'm excited! I feel my mojo stirring. (Not a euphemism, although Mrs. Procopius walked by a little while ago in her underoos and my mojo stirred [definitely a euphemism] with such ferocity that my voice cracked.) In fact, I actually just ordered some stuff from Freightdog, always a good sign, mojowise.

• Like 2

Looking good!

I was looking back through your thread to to bit about polishing the canopy seam, Mrs Saint usually wafts her finger nails in my direction when ever I've got the sanding and polishing gear out, I'm cheaper than a nail bar apparently....

Sorry for oversharing, gentlemen, I seem to have done something to my back while out walking (walking almost always leaves me in agony, while running almost never does, oddly enough), and consequently my already weak judgment, not enhanced by prolonged exposure to lacquer-based primer in close, unventilated quarters, was brought low.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to work out what "ordered something from Freightdog" is a euphemism for... :hmmm: Perhaps I oughtn't ask.

Have you had your back looked at? That doesn't sound right, walking is supposed to be gentle exercise, unless you were walking on your hands for two hours. Anyway modelling is supposed to have therapeutic qualities. Not trying to gee you up or anything, just saying :innocent:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

It's a euphemism for Hawker Hunter bits! No wait, that sounds wrong.

Well, we were walking here:

10478152_819001951457952_712356812711257

So the ground was a trifle irregular. Mrs. Procopius has a love of anything that looks post-apocalyptic, so we also had to trudge through a thicket for a while. No, I don't really get it either.

• Like 1

Amazingly, actually got some more work done on them tonight.

Cleaned up the WARDEN GR7's intake demarcations:

IMAG1359_zpsqsvrbplv.jpg

And painted the Dark Camo Grey on the TELIC GR7, using thoroughly hateful Xtracrylics:

IMAG1357_zpsicl79fqh.jpg

Still need to tidy up the latter aircraft's intake demarcations.

IMAG1358_zpsxprzherp.jpg

I'm living in fear that it was too soon, and the Xtracrylic will crack over the Gunze, and I'll have to throw the Harrier into a wall, but that, as they say, is life in the big city.

• Like 3

Hey, looking good PC B) What's hateful about the Xtracrylics? I've never used them but I like the Xtracolor enamels, always got a nice finish with them.

Soon you will be able to start adding all the stencilling :shocked:

Your picture looks like a lovely place to have a walk, I'm with Mrs PC on this, I would happily walk for miles in that sort of environment. Can see why it might have left you with backache, however.

Cheers,

Stew