My Revell Flower - HMS Heather

This is my Revell Flower class corvette. I chose HMS Heather because I could usethe kit's decal's to make the pennant number and the ship was built by Harland &Wolfe where 1 of my great uncles worked from 1908 to 1960. Also I could not findany photos of the ship, just an illustration which showed the starboard side andnoted the ship have minesweeping gear.

After the model was finished 2 photos of the ship were posted on the Flower Class forum which showed I have the colours on the port side wrong and that the 4" gun bandstand had bulwarks, only 2 depth charge guns and 2 extra Carley floats and the HFDF loop was mounted on a pole aft of the funnel and there were dan buoys stowed on the superstructure by the rear splinter shields.

Crew figures are from Hecker & Goros, Gunthwaite, Dan Taylor Modelworks and the original Revell figures. The hedgehog, Lewis guns and stachions are from GLS, the Oerlokon tubs and bridge details are from Sirmar and the Oerlikons are from White Ensign Miniatures.

The anchor winch, ready use shells on the 4" gun tub, dan buoys, minesweeping otters and depth charge racks(and their depth charges) are 3D prints from my designs. The 42 gun tub, the splinter shields beside the 4" and pom pom tubs and hedgehog, oars in the dinghys and paddles in the carley floats, dan buoy hoists and supports, minesweeping winch and the float supports are photo etched brass from my designs. The Downton pump, minesweeping floats and the drums for the minesweeping winch are castings from my masters. The wheel house interior(although it is not very visible), pom pom tub, Carley float details, engine room skylight are scratch built.

DSCF0544_zps2d41d4de.jpg
DSCF0545_zps0008cae2.jpgDSCF0539_zps5986a94f.jpg

• Like 20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just checked my shop and I've found that many of the notes and default materials have not saved, it seems I have to save each page in the set-up separately and not all together. So I now have to rewrite all the notes I had previously done!

• 1 year later...