• 2 weeks later...

You got compliments today from an unusual source:

Me: "Hey, come and take a look at this."

Husband (looking): "Hmm. You planning on a motor home?"

Me: "A shoe box maybe, as it's about this big."

Husband: "Huh..."

*penny drops*

Husband: "...You mean THAT is a MODEL?"

I mean, really. Just looking at it you can smell the greasy exhaust smoke and hear the cries of the hawkers...

Edited by Bonehammer
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Sorry - already been said numerous times - but I thought those first half-dozen photos were of your real 'source' inspiration vehicle - hadn't realised they were actually the model!

Superb.

Love the greasy hand marks around the bonnet release/front edge.

• Like 1

I thought it was a real bus!! :wow: I have seen this kit built by others and I have to say this is a show winner. Superb detail and weathering, it looks like it has been trundling around London all its life, Stunning!!!

• Like 1

Even knowing it was a model, I had trouble believing it. To my eye, this is one of the best builds I've ever seen, the attention to detail, particularly on the weathering of the rear / stair area are just amazing. Huge congrats.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, this topic is still being commented))) I'm glad to know that BRITmodellers like model builded by a man who has never seen a real RML )))

Thank you again for your posts!

As for weathering & detailing - I think it's the credit of some megabytes of photoes I collected while building this kit

• Like 4

Wow, this topic is still being commented))) I'm glad to know that BRITmodellers like model builded by a man who has never seen a real RML )))

Thank you again for your posts!

As for weathering & detailing - I think it's the credit of some megabytes of photoes I collected while building this kit

Truly an incredible build....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations. Excellent finish. The little touch that did it for me was the oily fingerprints on the leading edge of the bonnet. Like others I thought I was looking at pictures of the real thing at first.

• Like 2

Model? Yeah,course it is. You've photoshopped a bigger world around it ! What a fantastic job you've done. I was riding these 117 and 285 from the 1st 117s,about 5 'till in my late 20s/early 30s. It looks so real to me,the seat pattern,I got itchy legs looking at them. Things I'd forgotten about are here.The weathering is spot on,the darker shading on each panel edge and rivet line is perfect.the stair risers paint kicked and scraped off,spot on.

The floor is too clean though (sorry!) plenty of dirty West Middlesex shoes made it a very dark grey. Its a great job,well done,thats my childhood in a kit! Love it,can't stop looking at it........The Routemaster

Thanks for showing.

Well done !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

Just found this one and it brought back a lot of memories...they still used Routemasters in my local area (Thames Valley, later Alder Valley) when I was at school. When they replaced them with buses that had doors we all hated not being able to jump on or off while the bus was moving!

Fantastic model and very nicely weathered!

Ian

• Like 3

The 285 route turned the corner real slow at the bridge turn left next to Feltham Station...A queue formed for the "green light" along the bottom deck and up the stairs go.go.go the last few were jumping during acceleration,what a sight! Brilliant!

• Like 1

Not on regular service (like you said)but I think there was a Vintage London Bus tour,not sure if its still running. There are several Transport and Bus museums around with Busses you can ride on. If you google British bus or Transport museums you'll find them. We have one in Lowestoft 150 miles northeast of London but no Routemasters here. I did see a couple in New York though!

Found this..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/premium-tours-ltd-16?utm_campaign=uk_dt_sea_ggl_txt_txn_sr_cbp_ch1_nbr_k*bus%20tour_m*_d*geocat%7Chyperlocal%7Clondon%7Cpremium-tours-ltd-16_g*category%7Ctour-bus%7Clondon%7Cexact%7Cpremium-tours-ltd-16_c*99283313000_ap*none_sp*g&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=uk_dt_sea_ggl_txt_dsa_sr_cbp_ch1_nbr&gclid=CIaKhLDerssCFSsGwwodcdkEGA

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

Tell me, please, are there any RML's routes in London now? I mean to say some kind of sightseen tours and so on?

Try this; I believe this is the one Routemaster route dedicated the running of the Routemaster on route 15 for the foreseeable

future :........................................................Ride the Heritage Routemaster Buses

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186338-c186641/London:United-Kingdom:Ride.The.Heritage.Routemaster.Buses.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just a quick question, I know Revell produced a 1/24 scale AEC Routemaster Bus..Do you know if there is anyone who produces the earlier Routemaster Bus RTL preferably similar scale...I have searched the internet without luck...many thanks for your help. Steve.