Here we go with another stripy one! :D

Although it seems that I've come late to the party, I actually started this one at the start of the GB. I just haven't documented it. :banghead: Sorry...

So, this is the Hasegawa 1/72 kit which will be built as an early aircraft with VF-1 Wolfpack. Many years ago when the Airfix F-14 kit was first released, it had decal choices for VF-1 and VF-2. I was very taken with the red stripes of VF-1 in the classic grey and white scheme, so that's what I will be building here.

The kit comes with some very nice PE detail parts for the cockpit, but I will be using the pre-painted Eduard PE. I will also take the seats from a Pavla cockpit set.

001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, hold on tight, rider!

This looks as though I have done a lot of work in a very short period. Not so! Progress has been slow but steady. I just haven't updated the thread regularly! :banghead:

This is the cockpit assembly with the Eduard PE added.

007.jpg

008.jpg

Fuselage components with the interiors sprayed white. I use a rattle gas of "domestic appliance white". This must be applied in extremely light coats. It is easy to get carried away and spray on a coat which is too thick and obscures any surface detail.

009.jpg

Fuselage assembled.

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Forward fuselage assembled.

014.jpg

015.jpg

Looking great - don't know how you are able to do all these builds at once!

What are you using as the 'primer' on the seams?

edit: Hah! Just saw that you answered this in your F-80 build thread.

Edited by Cookenbacher
  • Like 1

I have no life! :D

Eat, sleep, work, build, build, build, build, build, build, build, eat, sleep, work, build, build, build, build, build, build, paint, decals, next.... Fun, isn't it ;):P

Nice work by the way :D

• Like 1

Eat, sleep, work, build, build, build, build, build, build, build, eat, sleep, work, build, build, build, build, build, build, paint, decals, next.... Fun, isn't it ;):P

If anyone would understand, it would be you. How many have you completed this year? :lol:

I have 11 GB builds running at the moment. Tomorrow I start another 5... :mental: I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait! :bounce:

• Like 1

Lovely work Enzo, very neat indeed. How on earth do you keep track of all your builds? I only have two going at the minute and I am struggling to find the time to make progress on one of those. :frantic:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...