1/72 Folland Gnat F.1 / HAL Ajeet by MPM Prod./Special Hobby

172flogger

• 4 weeks later...

Will buy a box or two,it's not even in my favourite list but definately will buy it because of the historical background when the ajeet became a sabre slayer.Heck,it's so small and fast and difficult to spot.The name gnat fitted its combat behaviour well,small and irritating but it did performed extremly well.yes,will buy a few.

• 7 months later...

Looks as if it might appear sometime, anyone any idea of the boxings, i assume there will be the Ajeet in one box and knowing Special Hobby, seperate boxings for the RAF, Yugoslav and Finnish. Looking foward to this, had an Aeroclub in the stash for years and just finished an Airfix T1.

With one of these now being rebuilt to fly at North Weald I will have to get one to add to my growing collection of N/Weald based aircraft that I have just started to put together and with the C54 from Revell x2 this could turn out to be a very expensive year

An Indian Air Force F.1 in Nordic blue would go down well. Though whether anyone has that particular shade in their range I have no idea.

Prev thread here:- http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234925666-folland-gnat-and-midge-nordic-blue/?hl=%2Bnordic+%2Bblue+%2Bgnat

• 3 weeks later...

More. Canopy open & close test build.

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2015/02/sh72137-folland-gnat-in-172-first.html

SH72137 Folland Gnat in 1/72 the first testshot of the clear parts

We are going to release yet another new model from steel moulds. The very last parts we are still waiting for are its clear parts. The first testshot of these parts (not polished yet!)turned out very well. All parts fit exactly as they were supposed to. Yes it is true that the Gnat´s open canopy looks a bit odd, but responsible are Folland´s designers and we simply had to stick to their design. To enable the modellers to make their model with a canopy either closed or open, we had to make two of them in the kit. The closed one is together with the windscreen, the other which is to be left open is sans the windscreen as this is a separate item. There is also another sprue with early version rear clear part and with clear windows for a recon version nose.

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2015/03/we-are-thrilled-to-present-here-another.html

Folland Gnat Mk.I "Finnish and Yugoslav Service" - ref.SH72137

Release expected in May 2015.

SH72137 Folland Gnat Mk.I "Finnish and Yugoslav Service" 1/72 Scale - Boxart

We are thrilled to present here another excellent boxart painted by our court-artist Mr.Standa Hajek.

It will adorn our upcoming 1/72 Folland Gnat Mk.I "Finnish and Yugoslav Service" kit which you will be able to enjoy in May.

SH72137_Gnat.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

I'll buy the first boxing I see available, markings be damned. Been wanting an F.1 since I was a kid- it was in one of those tiny square Orbit kiddie airplane books, and I've always loved the shape.

Figure I'll do it up in natural metal as a gear-up desktop model, since I likely won't have the guts to cobble together the mythical all-white Icelandic Coast Guard shipbuster version with Exocets.