Super Frelon Heller 1/35 scale

The build so far is smashing!

Beautiful.

JR

Hi peter.

Have considered contacting Heller for replacement parts???

My fuselage is also warped in the tail but i will be folding the tail so no problem there.

I was looking at the cabin area today about the padding. I think i will cutting rectangle pieces of styrene and use that as padding material....just like my photos.

The main headache will be detailing the transmission,engines and all the goodies about the cargo area.

Glad to hear u like the Lynx..

Oliver

To be honest, that never occured to me as an option. Thanks for the tip! :) I've dropped them a mail, hope they still have parts for such an old kit.
I dug out my kit and have been test fitting parts together... Man, what a beast! I thought I would never finish it, but now I'm quite determined to start again.

To be honest, that never occured to me as an option. Thanks for the tip! :) I've dropped them a mail, hope they still have parts for such an old kit.

I dug out my kit and have been test fitting parts together... Man, what a beast! I thought I would never finish it, but now I'm quite determined to start again.

Hi pete

Glad to hear u picked up your helo again.

Let me know how u tackle the inside cabin..

I may pick your brain for tips.

Oliver

Let me know what Heller says.

I was going to watch your build for ideas! :)

Do you know a good source for reference pictures? It seems to me that there were different padding/coverage solutions.

Are you planning to use the large radome? I think it's incorrect oob, needs to be longer and positioned much lower.

There are so many rivets on the fuselage. Do you have any trick to replace the ones that may vanish in the building process?

Thank you.

Oliver, I can't help thinking you should have carried on with the Lynx. I have two build threads underway on BM and am finding it very difficult to get back to both of them. I do hope you do not have the same problem.

Colin

Oliver, I can't help thinking you should have carried on with the Lynx. I have two build threads underway on BM and am finding it very difficult to get back to both of them. I do hope you do not have the same problem.

Colin

Ill get back to the Lynx....i wasnt inspired..too many things came up with it

Oliver

It's funny isn't it? You know the moment you've lost interest & to carry on will be a waste of time & material. Much better that you recognise what's happened & pack it away for another day. Good luck with this interesting subject.

Thanks guys

A better view of cockpit.

Added flotation seat device cover and a pad for the seat.

Will start cargo area next.

Oliver

20140526_111906_zps63298f4b.jpg

• Like 5

Working on cargo area and ramp.

Ramp has a nasty gap all the way around so some filler needed.

Adding details for cargo floor...i know much wont be seen when fuselage is closed.

Oliver

20140530_131248_zpsa8f34e73.jpg

• Like 2