AZ Bf 109 G-6 1:72

here's a few views of my first AZ Bf 109 G-6 (1:72) - this is the one with the 'weedy' nose, but I'm reasonably happy with the way it looks. Lots of detail & optional parts in the box (this was the 'limited edition' Udet boxing) but no spinner spiral on the decal sheet..plenty of stencil decals though, most of which I can't see and haven't applied!

AZBf109Prienbooksmall5.jpg

AZBf109Prienbook5.jpg

AZ109benchview72nd2.jpgAZBf109suraulastpic.jpg

Edited by FalkeEins
  • Like 13

..thanks very much for the 'likes' & the kind comments!

no particular issues Mike, I thought it was a nicer build than their recent Spitfire, the wing to fuselage join was exceptional. The canopy doesn't fit too well though and as you've found out there are that many options in the box you have to do a bit of research on your subject to work out exactly which parts are required... or not...

looking forward to getting my Joypack - thanks again !

I don't care about the ever so slightly undersized nose either, it looks fantastic. AZ Model look like they are going to kit out the whole 109 family, here's hoping they bring us Jumo 210 engined ones soon.

I have not got very far with mine as other projects need to be finished but I look forward to having a go at this kit.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Nicely finished FalkeEins, and great camo option, the yellow brings some joy to the "sad" overall grey marking :)

I would join the voices, who doesnt care about the 0,0x mm which the nose is missing here and there... It looks nice and you wont notice it unles you stare on it on one side and on technical drawing on other side.. all those "pro" rivet counters, claiming they see it on the first view.. well, rather not comment these people.. :) The kit is great, goes together very well (and i agree, a lot better than the AZ spit, though i m going to build many of both kits yet in the future) and details are awesome.

So once again, great finish FalkeEins and hope we ll see more of these kits from you in future :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work!

How does it build? I'm about to start my AZ G-1.

thanks

Mike

..thanks very much for the 'likes' & the kind comments!

no particular issues Mike, I thought it was a nicer build than their recent Spitfire, the wing to fuselage join was exceptional. The canopy doesn't fit too well though and as you've found out there are that many options in the box you have to do a bit of research on your subject to work out exactly which parts are required... or not...

looking forward to getting my Joypack - thanks again !

I am even more impressed with yours now that I've had a chance to have a go at one of mine. What an ill fitting pig mine is turning out to be! I've had to put a sprue spacer under the cowl area to get the gun trough part to fit without a serious step, every joint has had to have filler applied and what about the fit of the fin, holy moly it's awful. I'm seriously disappointed with it, it must be something I've done as no one else seems to be having any problems.

I'm sticking to my collection of Finemolds, at least they don't need any filler. The parts from my other AZmodel 109's will come in handy though.

Duncan B

• Like 1