HB 1/72 F-86 Sabre

Well here goes my second GB build…….

I loved building the MIg, but did learn that for the HB easy assembly, you have to have a slightly different approach to get a good fit which requires almost no filler, cut off all the major locating pins! :frantic:

The box,

IMG_0044_zps280f9b82.jpg

After a couple of hours fettling;

IMG_0047_zps3fa6dcf2.jpg

IMG_0046_zps1ae117f7.jpg

She will be finished in the box art decals (hopefully!) of Maj James Jabara. Hopefully with some panel variations and pastel weathering.

Sorry for the pants 2/3 shots don't know what I was doing!

More soon and thanks for looking!

Hang on, I thought this was going in the Sabre G.B? :fight:

Oh well, you'll just have to get another on when it comes around :whistle:

Nice work BTW.

Sean

• Like 1

Hang on, I thought this was going in the Sabre G.B? :fight:

Oh well, you'll just have to get another on when it comes around :whistle:

Nice work BTW.

Sean

Nope not that group build, but I do have an F40 in the stash as well. But I will be away with work from the end of May until the start of October so I will hopefully remember! :frantic:

• Like 1

Fair enough. Going by your speed you'll be able to sneak in at the of the build. We'll give you a reminder when it starts. :D

Sean

Thanks Sean, the speed is all down to Hobbyboss, less to misalign and glue in the wrong position!

Well all built and painted, Klear is drying then on with the decals and weathering.

Plus the carpet monster (whom I thought had went on holiday this year as have found everything I have dropped), has claimed his first victim ! Part of the forward undercarriage door! Can I bloody find it, nope. So won't scratch a replacement in the hopes the kind monster gives it up later!

DSCF2002_zpsef477741.jpg

More soon,

Regards

J

• Like 1

Here we are a finished Sabre!

Everything went swimmingly until the decals! Didn't want to settle down with set/sol so ended up having to use tamiya thinners which worked quite well. The main fuselage yellow band decided that as soon as it touched the model that was it stuck in place, tore on moving to it had to stay put, al little too far back on the fuselage. Other than the decals a really nice build!

F-86 Maj James Jabara.

DSCF2003_zpsbf6a5116.jpg

DSCF2004_zps461afbdd.jpg

DSCF2005_zps69aa5be2.jpg

DSCF2006_zps7f6f3cf8.jpg

Thank for looking,

Regards

Justin

• Like 4

Very nice model. You've achieved an excellent build and I like the decoration. These Easy Assembly kits seem, by and large, to have a good reputation. There is just something about the undercarriage that looks funny to me: hard to say, but it looks a bit high. What is your take on that detail?

Very well done nonetheless!

JR

Very nice model. You've achieved an excellent build and I like the decoration. These Easy Assembly kits seem, by and large, to have a good reputation. There is just something about the undercarriage that looks funny to me: hard to say, but it looks a bit high. What is your take on that detail?

Very well done nonetheless!

JR

Thanks Jean,

As for the gear it does sit high, as do the hobbyboss Mig 15 and UTI. I personally don't mind, I knw a lot of others will have to change it, it would be an easy fix though as the gear is quite a sturdy moulding.

Regards

J

Nice finish Justin.

I think you may have just over done the gun staining on the right side. ;)

Lovely work though.

Sean

Damn you noticed! :winkgrin:

it's spent a lot of time over Mig Alley ;)

• Like 1