F-80C Shooting Star - Finished!

And there's more...! This is another Sword kit.

The kit itself is of the P-80A version. There was an F-80C boxing - which was actually a completely different kit - but it has been unavailable for some time. Not to worry, with the exception of the large wingtip tanks, this kit can be built as an F-80C. I will be using markings for a 36 FBS aircraft from Xtradecal sheet 72121

F80-001.jpg

It's a very simple kit with all the opaque plastic parts on a single sprue.

F80-002.jpg

The wheel bays and ejection seat are in resin.

F80-003.jpg

Interior parts sprayed and ready for installation.

F80-004.jpg

F80-005.jpg

This one goes together pretty quickly.

F80-006.jpg

Edited by Enzo Matrix
  • Like 2

Enzo, what's that dark filler or paint you've applied over the joins?

It is Lifecolor UA624 Deck Blue. I just happen to have a lot of blue knocking around on the bench at the moment. :D

I'm going to use the Deck Blue on the F3D to represent a land-based aircraft which is a bit weathered.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really need to update this thread. :wall:

The model has been painted and decaled and is ready to get up on its own legs. I'm really pleased with it! :D

The problem is that now it has really caught my imagination. I really want to build a couple more - the famous Saggin' Dragon and a WW2 Project Extraversion aircraft. But guess what... that's right! The kit is out of production and cannot be found for love nor money. :(

Hopefully Sword will re-release this kit - well, it's actually two totally different kits, a P-80A and an F-80C. Either will do.... :)

nice one, you are one lucky .. man... :) i was sooo trying to get this kit, but sadly its already out of production and the very few you can find on ebay every now and then are way way too overpriced :( so i ll at least watch your work! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Once again, I have to offer my apologies to the group. I got so caught up with building the utterly :mental: number of kits I have going at the moment that I neglected to update this build thread regularly. :wall::sorry:

I even forgot to start a build thread for my Eduard Mig-15. It's a bit late now you, if you'll indulge me, I'll tag a few pics on the end of this thread. I won't enter it in the gallery though.

Anyway... here is the finished F-80!

F80-007a.jpg

F80-008a.jpg

F80-009a.jpg

F80-010a.jpg

F80-011a.jpg

F80-012a.jpg

F80-013a.jpg

F80-014a.jpg

F80-015a.jpg

• Like 4

Sword seem to be turning out some decent kits at the moment

Tell me about it! I have thoroughly enjoyed building this one. I want to build more so lets hope that Mr Sword repops this one soon.

• Like 1