Wooden Warrior-Airfix mosquito

Hi folks,just popped into LMS for paint and as I have done in the past decided to go straight to the shelf and pick a kit without

deciding beforehand or giving any thought to what I want so this was the kit! I think I must have built this years ago when it

first came out,What a nice surprise it turned out to be,not earth shattering detail but a nice simple build out of the box,little

filler here and there soft framing on the glazing and tricky under carriage(for me) but all done in an hour a day over six days.SDC11361_zpsfe1d7336.jpgSDC11360_zps0e6f21db.jpgSDC11357_zps51dafa4c.jpgSDC11355_zps24c1a3e9.jpgSDC11353_zps15438bd9.jpg

• Like 17

That's a really nice scale representation of Black/ RAF NIVO colour. One question and it's hard to tell from the pics, but have you 'chipped' the paintwork to represent exposed metal? If so, I thought Mossies were predominantly wooden construction?

Gary

• Like 1

That's a really nice scale representation of Black/ RAF NIVO colour. One question and it's hard to tell from the pics, but have you 'chipped' the paintwork to represent exposed metal? If so, I thought Mossies were predominantly wooden construction?

Gary

Many thanks Gary,I used Tamiya rubber black for the airframe rather than pure black,the worn/chipped areas look silver in the photos but are actually

greenish grey similar to the interior colours and are more subdued "in the flesh"

Lovely, big fan of the mossie especially in black! just one small point, the aerial is connected to the pitot tube.

Thanks for pointing it out,I.ll correct that ASAP,

Many thanks Gary,I used Tamiya rubber black for the airframe rather than pure black,the worn/chipped areas look silver in the photos but are actually

greenish grey similar to the interior colours and are more subdued "in the flesh"

Nice one Steve, I did wonder if you or anyone else capable of knocking out a tremendous model like this would make such an elementary mistake. It's a cracker mate - love it!

Gary

• 3 weeks later...