FANTASIC PRICE FOR THE BIG TIFFIE, VIA AMAZON....

rob

Now about that Blenheim was it 1996 they announced it? I seem to remember way back in the 1980's it was mooted.

Which Airfix company would that be, then? It certainly wasn't Hornby.

No Blenheim was announced in 1996, there was a strong rumour

Now about that Blenheim was it 1996 they announced it? I seem to remember way back in the 1980's it was mooted.

There was no Blenheim announced, the rumour was strong though, relayed to me by a member of Hannants' staff. That was 1996, I can pinpoint it very accurately to a time and place in my life.

Hannants are well up the food chain in terms of info, it doesn't mean that every piece of information imparted by a member of staff is infallible.

Given that:

1 - I've seen the test shots

2 - people who've contributed to this thread have regular involvement with Airfix

3 - the reversed instrument panel is a known fault with another imminent product

I'm in no doubt that what you've been told about a reversed instrument panel on the Typhoon is incorrect,

Cheers,

Bill.

Well I am not saying the Blenheim was announced - it was mooted when I had my first job at a model shop back in the early 1980's. I know the mid 1990's had a strong rumour going but back in around 1981 the Blenheim was mooted - not announced...it was one of the types being talked about - by the Airfix reps.

As for the Typhoon - I was only repeating what I was told by Hannants - now if they got it wrong cest la vie - personally I don't care one way or the other as long as the Tiffie has the right instrument panel...But the fact is it is later thatn they announced - DDay is just a few days away - the Tiffie is going to be a month late. As long as they get the model correct what the hey?

Correct.

Don'r wind her up.................. she'll only sea furyous,.................... :coat:

Edited by jenko

Oh dear....actually filling the rivets is quite easy but whatever...at least post photo's when it's done.

:lol: Don't worry. I was kidding!!

Certainly, I'll tackle the rivets!! I don't normally give a hoot about such things but, in this big scale it would be REALLY noticeable!! I'd like to keep sanding to a minimum. Any suggestions at what to use? I'm kind of swithering between Mr Surfacer 1000 grade or, good old typists correction fluid ( a k a Tippex). Be happy to post photos but, be a while coming. This will be my big Autumn /Winter project

Allan

As for the Typhoon - I was only repeating what I was told by Hannants - now if they got it wrong cest la vie - personally I don't care

But you should, since you are the one imparting this "knowledge" across the net, not Hannant's.

For the interest of others, I enclose the text of your "Personal Message," which I received today:-

I am not sure if I have done something to offend but I find your sniping a little tiresome. I am on Britmodeller as a model maker and one who enjoys the hobby - I impart information that I find interesting and factual. Hannants told me last week the problems with the Typhoon. If you know for a fact that that info was wrong then take it up with Hannants. It really doesn't matter but the tone of your posts I find a little disturbing - petulant might be a better description.

The Blenheim was mooted when I spoke to an Airfix rep in my first job as an assistant at a Model Shop. It never came about as you are probably aware.

I am not asking to be sniped at and I ask you to refrain.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer directly, since you didn't have the courtesy to sign your name.

1/. I do not "snipe," but tell things in as direct a manner as I can.

2/. You go on about Hannant's, but don't actually say whether warehouse or London shop (they are separate companies.)

3/. If you purchase a copy of the latest Airfix Model World, you'll find a photo of the 1/24 Typhoon instrument panel, which you can check against photographs of the real thing (freely available from your local "sniper,") and will find that it's correct.

4/. If you purchase the latest copy (no.54) of "Meng Air Modeller," you'll find an article on building the Revell Spitfire II, with a photograph of the instrument panel, which you can check against original photos (also available from your local "sniper,") and you'll find that it's wrong.

It's always rather sad to continuously see Hornby being castigated for others' failings; I can't speak for them, but I suspect you'll find that they do not consider themselves bound by promises made (and broken) by other companies, who have since gone bust.

Edgar

• Like 1

That'll be the Tempest you're thinking of.

Might I suggest a folding wing, radial engine and arrestor hook!

You perceived correctly, Edgar. And Danni, if they take the one step, they'd be silly not to take the next!

bob

Is that it? Your slipping Dear Jenko :bleh:

:oops: ....... makes note to self that I hawker be more tempestuous....... :book::doh::wicked:

Edgar, there is a quote in a Robin Williams film that is rather apt for you...

I think you are beingnill mannered and are in serious need of a chill pill...relax...life is too short after all it's only a flipping hobby!

Edited by Shar2
Please don't swear, even if disguised.

Edgar, there is a quote in a Robin Williams film that is rather apt for you...

I think you are beingnill mannered and are in serious need of a chill pill...relax...life is too short after all it's only a ****ing hobby!

And I think Edgar is and always will be a gentleman.

You Sir need to have a look at the forum rules about being civil and not indulging in personal attacks.

Thank you.

• Like 2