EA-6A, Electric Intruder, US Marines, Da Nang

:goodjob:stunning build russ, looks fantastic , great job on the paint and the weathering is fantastic, cant be many more 'nam' bits you haven't built yet!!!!

ive got the very same kit in my stash was going start it soon, any tips/ warnings!!

ill be doing it oob but have got the eduard set, hope comes out as half as good as yours

Thanks mate, there`s no major issues, just typical Monogram fare; a few gaps, a bit of filling, quite a bit of sanding.

very nice as always but what is the pod on the outer pylon ?

Glenn.

Cheers Glenn, it`s a `chaff `dispenser according to the instructions

Wow! Spectacular result. Just the right amount of weathering and proof that a 3-decade old kit raised panel lines need not be avoided.

What weathering technique did you use on the panel lines? Did you rescibe the panel lines?

• Like 1

Wow! Spectacular result. Just the right amount of weathering and proof that a 3-decade old kit raised panel lines need not be avoided.

What weathering technique did you use on the panel lines? Did you rescibe the panel lines?

Thanks John, what I do with raised panel lines is; before painting I rub the whole model with wet and dry to reduce them a fair bit. then after painting I just draw them in with a mechanical pencil ( need daylight to find them ), then sort of dry brush along them, heavier in the middle and lighter towards the extremities, with a short narrow brush with whatever colour(s) I choose for the weathering.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Oh yes - that is a very good build. I luv the monogram A-6, and have a kinetic one on the shelf of doom (just doesn't look right) - but your EA-6 is on the money. best build seen on here for ages (although I am biased towards intruders !!)

Thank you for taking the time to share

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twinpin said:

Really fantastic,.  Couple of questions.:.   Should the word electric really be ECM ?   What do you mean when you say you didn't build as a wild weasle  ?

Cheers Twinpin, the `Electric` is something I picked up in books and is used to describe the ECM and Communications variants of mainly US aircraft: ie Electric Spad for EA-1E/F, EA-6A Intruder, RU-1A Otter and so on. The boxing of the kit comes with Shrike missiles for SAM suppression missions but the EA-6A wasn`t used for Wild Weasel/Iron Hand missions in Vietnam, although one was loaded with a Shrike at Da Nang and photographed. After Vietnam I believe that Launching Shrikes occured during training but not operationally.

Hope this helps

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

Oh yes - that is a very good build. I luv the monogram A-6, and have a kinetic one on the shelf of doom (just doesn't look right) - but your EA-6 is on the money. best build seen on here for ages (although I am biased towards intruders !!)

Thank you for taking the time to share

Thanks Fights On, I`ve built the Hobby Boss one and it seems ok but I `ve read the Kinetic on is a bit of a beast to build. Look forward to seeing it if you get to finish it one day :)  

I love it when an old post surfaces again, especially one that you may of missed first time around.  Stunning build and great work with the hairy stick!!

Nice little piece of history as well, good info for a future 1/72 version that I have.

Phil

• Like 1