EA-6A, Electric Intruder, US Marines, Da Nang

Hi everyone, finally finished my attempt at building a Electric Intruder from the Wild Weasel boxing of the 1/48 Revell/Monogram kit

yjCZhuG.jpg

Although not done as a Wild Weasel as I wanted to do a Vietnam aircraft

o6kSpwO.jpg

Used a mixture of the kit decals and a few from the stash to represent an aircraft of VMCJ-1, Marines, Da Nang, South Vietnam, circa 1969-72

KQdcOmU.jpg

The actual aircraft is an option in the box but in US Navy markings

rqO6jkP.jpg

Apart from a little detailing on the canopy frame, some slightly altered antenna and drilling out some of the various air ducts it`s what`s in the box

0PlZuIC.jpg

Paint slapped on with hairy stick as usual

b3rhMg7.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at, Cheers Russ

• Like 55

Easily the best Intruder build I've seen; I found this thread on a wee tablet thingy and just had to leg it sharpish to a PC with decent size screen to see it properly.

And...it's absolutely perfect!

:goodjob: -all the way!

• Like 1

Nice! Best one of these I've seen built up, how does it go together? I have one and have been wondering whether to give it a go

Thanks, It doesn`t go together too bad, there`s some big gaps in the undercarraige wells which I filled with PVA, quite a bit of filing and a smear of filler here and there on the airframe.

Really nice!

I'm not familiar with the left hand external pod.

What's this?

Thanks Antoine, I believe it`s a `chaff` dispenser

Nicely done Russ, I thought it was airbrushed till you said otherwise. What did you use for your main grey? I really like the tone of yours and I've been struggling to find a decent match for a 'nam F-4.

• Like 1

Nicely done Russ, I thought it was airbrushed till you said otherwise. What did you use for your main grey? I really like the tone of yours and I've been struggling to find a decent match for a 'nam F-4.

Thanks mate, it`s Humbrol 64 with a small amount of Humbrol 166 mixed in.

:goodjob:stunning build russ, looks fantastic , great job on the paint and the weathering is fantastic, cant be many more 'nam' bits you haven't built yet!!!!

ive got the very same kit in my stash was going start it soon, any tips/ warnings!!

ill be doing it oob but have got the eduard set, hope comes out as half as good as yours

Edited by batcode
  • Like 1

Nice work. I'm thinking about adding one of these to the pile.

Chris

• Like 1